“like i promosed ted. a brutally honest review”
Review of Aaron Lodge

Aaron Lodge
Ranked #35 of 393 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 18, 2012

just home after a night in this truly lovely welcoming place,ted greeted us on arrival and we were made to feel most welcome. we stayed in room 4, very nice. average size. had everthing ewery needed including a huge comfy bed, had a great nights sleep.we ate in the dining room, our meal was lovely,especially the goats cheese tart. i have just 2 wee small gripes, firstly the menu was a set 3 course, brilliant value for money at £22.50, but that seemed to be the only menu, not so good if you only wanted a main course, maybe had i asked then they may have presented us with such a menu. 2nd wee gripe was my fish pie, it was absolutely delicious but i thought it could have been presented a bit better,just my thoughts though..the service at dinner was super, ted the owner saw to our every need, a very nice guy. on to breakfast, what can i say but it was fab, hot and cold buffer style, plenty juice tea coffee etc, perfect to set you up for the day ahead. all in all we had a great stay. i will definately reccomend to friends. look forward to our next visit with great hosts, thank you ted and dot

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Aaron Lodge

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed here 3 nights as I was on a course at the Royal Infirmary. Ideally situated as it is only 5 minutes walk to the Hospital. Ted and Dot made me very welcome. The room was spacious and the food excellent.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Had a trip booked for work and we could not stay at a nearby castle we had stayed at previously. It was only for a night so we decided we would use Aaron Lodge, what a great decision that was. Ted and Dot could not have been more helpful, they are very passionate about the Lodge, it had great bedrooms, very well appointed, large screen TV with Sky Sports, fantastic food and very reasonably priced.
The beds were very comfortable and I had a great nights sleep even though I was in the front and next to the road, I thought being close to the traffic would be a problem but it was not.
I asked Ted if he would like to work for us as his enthusiasm and they way he had pride in his establishment was terrific. I cannot wait to go back and I will make sure our work books us in to Aaron Lodge. Both Ted and Dot are very knowledgeable about the area and Edinburgh itself, they will tell you about their famous milkman and the legendary Ian St John to name but a few.
Great experience and I will look to book it for my own trips to Edinburgh when my company are not paying the bill.

Kevin

Room Tip: Ask for the back of the lodge away from the traffic
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Right from the moment we arrived, my wife and I were greeted in such a friendly manner, all facilities etc explained as we were shown to our (very cosy and well-provided) room. Great attention to details in the room, very clean etc, with SUPER facilities. Owner SO welcoming, and continued at breakfast(a FULL buffet-style - delicious!!) with chat from both himself and wife, despite being busy serving other guests. A GREAT place to stay, which we intend to use when we're over this way again. Top marks!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights, amazing new clean rooms. Very nice owners, great service.5 mins drive to the inner city, also there is a bus stop right next to the lodge. Breakfast was good, missing a veggie alternative but still ok. Great parking space, i would always come back here. Very nice.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Aaron lodge is the friendliest and welcoming bed and breakfast I have had the pleasure to stay in. The owners Ted and Dot have great local knowledge from places to visit to which bus number we needed. (Conveniently the bus stop is only a minute from Aaron lodge which took us in to the heart of Edinburgh in 10 minutes). The rooms are spacious and kept to a high standard with a large comfy bed for a great night’s sleep. The large flat screen television kept the children entertained and the walk in power shower refreshed us for the day. In the morning we ate a hearty breakfast which had plenty of choice from a cooked breakfast to a continental or both which my husband chose, the choice is yours. When we return to Edinburgh which we will, we will give the large hotel chains a miss and go for the warm, friendly and personal touch of Aaron lodge which matches the larger hotels in quality and exceeds them with their interpersonal skills

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stayed for two nights,the room I was in was the best ever. Would recommend 100 %, the owner could not do enough two make me feel welcome & help with any questions I had.
Next time in Scotland I no where to stay