“Windsor Castle/Loch Lomond and Glengoyne Whiskey Tour”

Heart of Scotland Tours
Loch Ness and the Highlands Small Group Day Tour from Edinburgh
Ranked #5 of 213 Tours in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Small groups of 16 in the Wee Red Bus. Our guided tours have been specially designed to give you maximum variety by including famous sights as well as hidden gems that many tourists never see. We look forward to welcoming you onto our famous Wee Red Buses to experience and enjoy the essential Scotland together.
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our tour to Windsor Castle, Loch Lomond and the Glengoyne Distillery. Our tour guide was "James" - very informative and a very good storyteller! To be honest, you could definitely spend a good half day (or more) at Windsor Castle, but given we're on a tour, we spent a short time there, but would definitely go back to Windsor Castle to tour around at our own pace. We had enough time to venture around Loch Lomond (had a lovely lunch there) and spent a good amount of time at the Glengoyne Distillery ("Pauline" was our guide at the distillery - she was terrific - very, very witty and informative). And in between our tour we had time to visit Hamish the "Hairy Coo"! That too was also fun. So all in all, a good day out and an enjoyable tour! (Just wish the weather was a wee bit better!)

1  Thank KarenWalking

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We took the "Loch Ness and the Highlands" on October 3, and it was excellent. Our guide, Collin, was friendly, informative and entertaining. The bus was comfortable (seats were extremely comfortable and there was extra leg room compared to other tour buses I've been on).

In this particular tour we got to see a lot in one day.

It was a fantastic tour. I would highly recommend the Heart of Scotland tour company to anyone, and when I go back to Scotland, I will be taking some of their other tours.

FANTASTIC!

1  Thank SW t
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We've made tour 1 on Octobre the 4th. our driver and tourguide was Angela. what a topgirl. she had really pleassure in her work and knows many lots of facts about the tour.
Her enthousiasm came over on the travellers so everybody likes the tour !

We had really a good day, and by our next visit to Scotland we take another tour by "The Wee Red Bus" !

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Edinburgh is a great place to visit. walking through the new town and old town streets, you can experience the past history of the city.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We were so pleased to be on the "Wee Red Bus" for our tour south of Edinburgh along the coast. We had just been on another tour the day before and to see the difference it makes with smaller numbers was really enjoyable. The bus was really comfortable and the seats were so much bigger than we had experienced on a "big bus" ride. Believe it or not we also enjoyed the air-conditioning, it was a hot and sunny day at the end of September!
Our guide Keith was very thorough with his explanations of the history of not only Scotland but with this particular area, it was fantastic for me. I am one of those people that has a notebook and pen scribbling away as he spoke! We had as many stops as we needed, he was always ready for our input, had a great sense of humour and the choices we were given made the day more enjoyable.
Due to the tides Lindesfarne Island wasn't available to us so Keith made a stop at the little town of Bamburgh and gave us the choice of seeing the town, the beautiful beach or to venture into the impressive Castle! This was a sight that we really didn't expect and wouldn't have missed it for the world! I think it should always be included, but we love Castles so we are a bit biased. Bamburgh Castle was worth every minute of our time there and filled in so much more history all the way to WWII. I am also interested in the archaeological dig that I saw on Time Team and to be there and see it in person was fantastic!
My son and husband loved the Armoury with the suits of armour and weapons on the wall. Again to see the "real thing" was wonderful, it helped us go back in time! We will definitely come back to Scotland and make the trip complete with a couple of tours on the Heart of Scotland's wee red bus!

2  Thank max1958