“Excellent service”

Loch Ness and the Highlands Small Group Day Tour from Edinburgh
Ranked #6 of 207 Tours in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Small groups of 16 in the Wee Red Bus. Our guided tours have been specially designed to give you maximum variety by including famous sights as well as hidden gems that many tourists never see. We look forward to welcoming you onto our famous Wee Red Buses to experience and enjoy the essential Scotland together.
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I used the hearts of scotland tour, taken tour 2. Guider was so nice, friendly. The tour wasnt too rush. I loved it.

1  Thank Liomeegos
There are newer reviews for Heart of Scotland Tours

Reviewed June 11, 2013

My mother and I just took the day tour to visit Stirling Castle, Loch Lomond, and Glengoyne Distillery. It was lovely!

The bus is decently comfortable, though the seats are on the narrow side (bigger people beware). But what made us very comfortable was our driver, Angie. She was a delight and was very conscious of how people were feeling, always asking if the temperature was okay or if anyone was feeling carsick. She was incredibly knowledgeable and spoke over the microphone for most of the drive. This was most welcomed, as she had a lot of interesting things to say about the things we drove past.

Stirling Castle and the hillside town is so fascinating, it really requires more than the 1.5 hours that they allot. I'd love to go back there and spend an afternoon in the town. Check out the castle, but be sure to see a few of the other sights in the town. The views from the castle's walls are incredible.

We were supposed to go see Haymish, the highland cow, and have lunch nearby, but instead we went to a cafe on a loch. You should insist that you do this! Loch Venachar is GORGEOUS, and the cafe sits right on the water. We had a wonderful meal, though the service was a bit slow for the 45 minutes we had at the stop. But once again, Angie was a real pro and waited for everyone rather than hurrying people along.

The roads at the foothills of the Highlands are both beautiful and incredibly small and windy. Caution to those who are prone to motion-sickness.

We stopped to take photos of the mountains and Angie told us about the local plant life. Again, is there anything she doesn't know?!

Loch Lomond has a walking tour you can do with the guide, or you can do what we did and enjoy the quirky pub.

Glengoyne Distillery's tour is worthwhile even if you aren't a whisky fan. It's fascinating and good fun at the same time.

Though it's a smaller bus than some, I highly recommend this tour and this company. They go out of their way to make sure people are having the best possible experience. As a matter of fact, when Angie heard that we had dinner reservations we were running late for, she dropped us off close to the restaurant and took everyone else where they needed to go, instead of just dumping us all at the designated drop-off spot. So thoughtful!

1  Thank Jane B
Reviewed June 8, 2013

On June 5th my wife and I took the tour to Hadrian's wall and enjoyed the stops. I feel that we know Matt's life very well and most of the history of Scotland. He is a wealth of knowledge. Please take this tour so the owners can purchase new suspension for their coach. We were on the "back of the bus" and the ride was painful. Advice is get on early to get a seat on the first 4 rows. Matt sure knew his history and was a very gracious host. Helen we wish the best. I rated the tour average. It breaks down as Matt 4 stars and the coach ride 2 stars.

1  Thank Ray B
nckr, Manager at Heart of Scotland Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thanks for your review - delighted to hear you enjoyed the company and excellent guiding of Matt and Helen.

The problem was actually an electrical fault which meant the rear air suspension was not responding to road conditions properly, hence the bumpy ride. Apologies for that - the fault was resolved the following day and everything is now back to normal.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Visited Edinburgh, Scotland in November 2012. We only had a few days so we wanted to take in as many sites as possible. We took a chance on the Heart of Scotland Day Tours. Wow. I'm so glad we did. I booked the Stirling Castle, Loch Lomond and Whisky tour for my husband, 13 year old daughter and me. What a wonderful day. We were able to see enough of the country and the sites to really appreciate the history of the country.

Our tour guide was fabulous, informative and kind. He told us stories and legends of the area including fairy folklore. He had my daughter and my interest immediately. Loved him. I was slightly worried about a whisky distillery tour with my daughter but she really enjoyed it. The distillery made the tour interesting and fun.

Highly recommend this tour company. I will use them again on my next visit to beautiful Scotland.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Recently did the 10 hour tour to Hadrian's wall with multiple stops along the way. Our guide, James gave us ample time to explore each stop and provided us with interesting and often humorous facts and stories along the way. His knowledge of the history of Scotland is amazing. We were never bored! The fact that it as small bus is a definate benefit. We arrived last to board the bus and had to sit in the very back. I was worried that the motion of the bus would affect me adversly but James was a very careful driver and I had no issues at all. We highly recommend this tour and if all their drivers are as good as James we would recommend this company!