“Insane......Absolutely Unreal....”

Cuisines: Scottish, International, British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Southside & Holyrood
Reviewed August 7, 2017

So this restaurant is and absolute hidden gem. You arrive to find that there is no menu but a list of ingredients on a blackboard that your meal will consist of, they do of course check if you have any allergies....And then you are served with the most amazing meal that anybody can wish for. We felt thoroughly spoilt from beginning to end with amazing food, amazing service and if you go for the wine pairing (which we did), amazing wine too. I could not fault anything about this place and left feeling that I'd just eaten the best meal I had ever eaten in my entire life. Some people might think it's a bit pricey but honestly if you just went for the food and a couple of glasses of wine it really is not badly priced at all for the quality of food and service received. They change 1 course every week (it's a 5 course tasting menu with optional extras) and recommend if you go every six weeks that you will be served an entirely different meal and so we really can't wait to go again.

Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

First visit to Aizle and thoroughly enjoyed it. Really like the concept of the seasonal menu and everything was delicious. We've been to some similar restaurants in Edinburgh and I felt that other places (Norn, Martin Wishart) have a slight edge. The food was inventive and tasty and showcased the ingredients well. I particularly enjoyed the lamb main course and the fish course.
The service was good but not outstanding like some other places. Felt the wine was served a bit too cold, we needed to wait 20 mins for it to come up to temperature which was a shame because the wine choice was excellent.
For the price a really good experience and I'd go back but not quite 5 star.

Reviewed August 7, 2017

The food was amazing from start to finish. The staff are very educated in the produce. The lamb was the best I have ever tasted. Great atmosphere.

Reviewed August 5, 2017 via mobile

Really cool concept of having a monthly harvest based menu. Everything was really well made and delicious. The staff was also friendly and cool. Higly recommend!

Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

I booked dinner here 2 months before our visit to Edinburgh, based on rave reviews.
The meal was superb.
It was a small but luscious tasting menu. Beautifully prepared, fresh local ingredients.
We love tasting menus , and this one was very good,

We had cocktails and a bottle of wine ( didn't do wine pairings which we usually find a bit too fussy)

Service was friendly, the ambience calm and simple,

Our best meal in Edinburgh.