“Great wee place”

Cairngorm Coffee Co.
Ranked #23 of 131 Coffee & Tea in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Neighborhood: New Town
Description: Cairngorm Coffee Co. Is an independently run Coffee Shop. Much like it's namesake, we believe that it is full of character and have aimed to bring a bit of rustic charm to the capital, with some modern twists along the way. Whilst we have a keen focus on great coffee, we have been sure to offer some fantastic foods and believe that retaining simplicity without scrimping on quality is key! This is epitomised in our Grilled Cheese which aims to ignite a renewed love for the humble toastie.
“Great wee place”
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Lovely independent coffee shop, really nice design inside and obviously very knowledgable about their coffee (which is delicious btw) the free water with different fruits each time I've visited in it is a nice touch. The savoury tarts are also excellent and well priced. The toasters looked great too!

• Visited May 2014

“Worth a visit”
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Get the bacon sandwich, it'll be the best decision you'll make all day/week.

A terrific wee place to find, can also say the brownie isn't too bad either!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great little find in the heart of Edinburgh!”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Stopped in by the Cairngorm Coffee Co earlier today for a coffee and a three cheese toastie to warm up in the typical Scottish weather. It was a great little find! Independent coffee house with a very chatty owner that makes the place very welcoming. The coffee is of a very high quality and the toastie was excellent! Perfect for a lunch on any day of the week! Everyone shout stop in by and grab themselves a coffee, you wont regret it.......and if you have a sweet tooth the caramel slice was phenomenal!

• Visited June 2014
“Unbelievable sandwiches!”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

They served one of the best bacon sandwiches I've ever had. Perfect for the weekend. My boyfriend also loved his three cheese toastie. The service was warm and friendly, just like the interior, and the owner was a pleasure to chat to. A great independent cafe in a fantastic location. Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great coffee & brownies”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Great wee place; visited with my boyfriend on their opening day. Very nice decor rustic decor; the sort of look achieved by having good taste and a decent amount of cash to spend on a small place.

Ordered coffees and a brownie to share, the brownie was so delicious (one of the best I've every tasted) we had to order another. I also had a second cappuccino as the first was so enjoyable. This is a definite compliment as I am an experienced barista myself and can be quite fussy when it comes to my coffee!

The staff were very relaxed and friendly, which is a big plus for me. Good coffee and friendly service can sometimes be a hard combination to find in Edinburgh!

The place is on the small side, but great for a quick visit. Only negatives were that the staff messed around with the music a lot (I'm sure this was just a first day hiccup) and that I found the brownies a little on the small side, we were desperate for more even after two!

Daily soups have been introduced since our visit, and they also do delicious looking tarts and toasties. I would recommend introducing some cold sandwiches soon, as I think it would boost their takeaway sales and be a big money maker for them.

Coffee and service wise they are definitely outdoing their local competitors; sorry Wellington Coffee, I like mine served with a smile!

Will definitely be back for more; got a very good impression on their first day and am sure they can only improve. Best of luck to this lovely new coffee shop.

Visited April 2014