I can just echo what most people say about Dene Guest House. Room and its bathroom were clean and comfortable and breakfast choice typical Scottish including porridge, "full Scottish" etc. Breakfast taken in a big comfortable living room where you can sit in a big sofa at night. It's a very sociable place to stay, with the owner or his wife checking that everyone is happy.
Best thing for us was the building and the local area - we hate small, cramped buildings for B&B. This is a 'New Town' Georgian building with high ceilings, amazing staircase and elegant "original features" with a lovely feel to it. It's a short walk to the interesting shops of "Stockbridge" area, a bit further to centre of Edinburgh, interesting walk or short bus ride, also we went quickly to the Botanic Gardens and Leith area. Would definitely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This charming 3 star guest house is situated in the New Town area of Edinburgh's city centre. With a fairly priced combination of en-suite and standard rooms, The Dene offers flexible bed and breakfast accommodation to suit most requirements and budgets. Enjoy a relaxed, informal atmosphere and a hearty breakfast within a 15 minute walk of Princes Street. Freebies include wi-fi, luggage storage. A superb combination of value and location! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Dene Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dene Guest House Hotel Edinburgh
- Dene Guest House Edinburgh, Scotland