“Excellent B&B. Great location.”
Review of 14 Hart Street

14 Hart Street
Ranked #3 of 394 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 9, 2008

I stayed 3 days with my daughter and enjoyed every moment! When we arrived, we were given a warm welcome by Betty the housekeeper. In the evening we met the hosts, James and Angela, who were extremely nice.

Our room was perfect. Clean, warm and very quiet. We had a welcome tray which was topped up each day. The bed was very comfortable. We were only about a 5 minute walk from Princes Street and the station where were caught the shuttle bus to the airport.

After a long day walking around the sites we were very happy to get back to a lovely warm room. In the mornings we were given a copious breakfast.

I would happily come back here on my next visit to Edinburgh.

• Stayed: December 2008

Reviewed December 9, 2008

I stayed for a long weekend with my mum and was really impressed with the accommodation and the hospitality of the hosts. We arrived early in the morning but our room was already prepared for us so we didn't have to walk around with our suitcases. When we left we were allowed to leave our luggage at the b&b all day, as our flight was in the evening.

We had a great time in Edinburgh and our experience at 14 Hart st made it all the more enjoyable. The wine and biscuits in our room were topped up every day and the breakfast was very copious. I really think that some of the negative comments are totally unfounded, as we had a wonderful time at 14 Hart st and would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a friendly, comfortable B&B in the heart of the city centre.

We will definitely come back next time we visit Edinburgh.

• Stayed: December 2008
Reviewed December 7, 2008

I can recommend 14 Hart Street without reservation. My wife and I were extremely impressed with the great care and attention we were afforded during our three night stay. James, Angela and Betty were all deeply concerned to ensure we had we did not want for anything. As noted in another review, James had a keen knack for sensing whether we wanted a bit of a chat or simply to be left in peace.

The accommodation was wonderful - awaiting us in the well-appointed room was a tray furnished with whisky, wine and nibbles. The bed was inviting, and the shower soothing. Betty's breakfasts were delightful and filling.

There was nothing about which to grumble during our visit, but I felt assured that if I had raised any issue, James would have quickly addressed and resolved it. This is as it should be.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DeadBare
Reviewed December 7, 2008

A wonderful trip to beautiful Edinburgh was made even better by our stay at 14 Hart Street, a lovely and inviting B&B perfectly located for exploring the city. Just a short walk from the center, Hart Street is remarkably calm and quiet, with plenty of restaurants and cafes nearby. The B&B is beautifully decorated and spotless, and Angela, James, and Betty are all enormously helpful and friendly. Breakfast in the elegant dining room was a perfect start to the day, and our pretty room was a welcome afternoon retreat. We loved our comfortable beds, the complementary wine, whiskey, and treats, and the books and magazines about the city. We will definitely return to 14 Hart Street and have recommended it to many friends already!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank NorasTravels
Reviewed December 3, 2008

Visited Edinburgh for the first time for a cousin's 50th birhday bash.What a great city enjoyed all the more by friendly hosts -Angela and Jim' and their excellent local knowledge.
Chose the hotel because it had a fantastic location- central but still quiet. Also rooms were spotless and well furnished with an eclectic mix of antiiques and pictures.Every morning we had a great start to the day with an excellent breakfast dispensed by cheerful Betty the housekeeper.Little touches - a lovely tray with decent biscuits and wine or whisky for a nightcap made us feel this was a genuine welcome.This is a real gem.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank Treacle1366
Reviewed December 3, 2008

The wonderful time we had in Edinburgh, Scotland was due in large part to the perfect Bed and Breakfast at 14 Hart Street . The rates were good, the location was perfect, the owners were friendly and helpful, the house was beautiful, the room was lovely, the beds were comfortable, and the complimentary tea, delicious shortbreads, little bottles of wine and the decanter of quality whiskey were an unexpected delight! The Hart Street location is perfect for tourists as we were an easy walk to the train station and to the Scott Tower. It is also located near a shopping center and close to some wonderful restaurants. We were especially pleased with a restaurant called The Dogs. The day of our departure we were able to leave our bags and head back out to the galleries and shops for a last day in the wonderful city of Edinburgh. I cannot say enough about how welcomed and comfortable we felt during our stay at this B&B .... and speaking of B..... Thank you Betty for the friendly treatment and the clean clean clean room and the tasty fare at breakfast!.

• Stayed: November 2008
2  Thank bbwest
Reviewed November 23, 2008

I arrived early evening rather begraggled because of the torrential rain. I was received warmly by Angela who showed me to a rather smart ensuite room looking onto their garden The room was well furnished with lovely bed linen and an ample supply of towels and very importantly scupously clean. Following a fab shower I spoke briefly with both James and Angela who gave good directions and advice re the event I was attending that night.

On my return to my cosy room it was great to have the choice of tea,coffee or a dram before bed and there was some very interesting artefacts to peruse before drifting off to sleep.

Breakfast was great and served by Betty the housekeeper who is a gem. She could not do enough for me.

The accommodation has a great location quiet but only 10 minutes walk from Waverly Station and from bars and restaurants.

I'm glad I've found this treasure as I intend to return. Both James and Angela were great hosts and very friendly.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business