“First rate in every respect”
Review of 14 Hart Street

We can't find prices for this accommodation
14 Hart Street
Ranked #1 of 392 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Halifax, United Kingdom
“First rate in every respect”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We stayed at Hart Street for just one night, on our very first trip to Edinburgh, and wished we could have stayed longer. What fabulous hospitality in a really stunning house - you could ask for nothing more of a city-centre B&B.
The warm welcome from James and Angela was the perfect antidote to the biting winter wind outside. Our room was toasty warm and spacious, complimentary tea/coffee/biscuits and whisky were provided, everything was spotlessly clean and beautifully stylish.
Breakfast was hearty and delicious, with black pudding and crispy, light potato cakes being the highlight! It set us up perfectly for a day of sightseeing and Christmas shopping.
The central location is brilliant for exploring the city. If you're travelling by car, it's easy to park in the NCP around the corner (on-street parking is very limited and in high demand).
We really can't praise Hart Street highly enough and look forward to returning another time. If you're booking a trip to Edinburgh, don't think of staying anywhere else!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This review is a little delayed but I have been meaning to write about my experience this past summer at the beautiful B&B at 14 Hart Street:) I was traveling on my own and stayed two nights at the beginning of September. I can't say enough great things about this place, it was comfortable, clean, the location is perfect, I probably slept the best here in the three weeks I was traveling, and the hosts(James and Angela) are wonderful, warm, friendly people. What touched me the most is I checked in on Sunday and had asked for a location of a bank so that I could withdraw money and they said banks are closed on Sundays and insisted on giving me cash so that I wouldn't have to worry. Completely unheard of, they didn't have to do that and it just goes to show you how much they care about their guests having a good time. Stay here it's a no-brainer!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I have just completed a three night stay with a friend at 14 Hart Street and we couldn't have been looked after better. This B&B is ideally situated being a 10-20 mins walk from all major attractions and is surrounded by many options for dining out. The owners James and Angela are absolutely fantastic hosts and nothing is too much trouble. The breakfast is wonderful and really sets you up for the day and as we were only in Edinburgh for two days it was really helpful to have advice from James about the most important sites to visit. The room was quiet, clean and exceptionally comfortable and was complete with extra special touches such as the tea/coffee, biscuits, wine and whiskey. When I return to Edinburgh I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else, this accommodation was faultless.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We have just returned home after a 3 night stay @ 14 Hart Street. This period property, which is full of character, is ideally situated being 10 minutes walk from the train and flightlink departure/arrival points.The owners, James and Angela, were hosts who went the extra mile to ensure your stay was memorable.The extra touches in your room (fresh flowers, whisky, wine, packets of biscuits) and James's plentiful breakfast will ensure your return.Our next stay @ 14 Hart Street will be longer in order to enjoy all Edinburgh has to offer.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Roger S
Bockenheim, Germany
Reviewed November 25, 2013

It was our first stay in Scottland and in Edinburgh. It is very nice and cosy and the owner are so helpfully at any kind of question.
The breakfast is a class for itself. The Hotel is very central and you can reach all places per food. In the near around the Hotel are many restaurants and bars and it is very easy to find the right location.
Oh, and do not forget to trink some Whiskey in your room for free ;-)

Tina and Thomas /Germany

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Thomas C
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I stayed at No.14 earlier this month and found it to be the perfect place for me to walk around the City. After arriving at Waverley Station,I followed James excellent directions and arrived at the B&B after a ten minute walk.It was very warm with a very comfortable bed and a great choice at Breakfast,served in a beautiful Georgian dining room.James was very informative about the best ways to walk to the places that I wanted to visit and local places to eat.
Having somewhere like No.14 to come back to after exploring Edinburgh,made my visit very enjoyable.

Room Tip: My lower ground floor room was lovely.Did not see the others