“Do yourself a favour!”
Review of 14 Hart Street

We can't find prices for this accommodation
14 Hart Street
Ranked #1 of 392 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
“Do yourself a favour!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Do yourself a favour and stay at this very friendly, comfortable and well located B&B. The hosts James & Angela were very welcoming and helpful. They gave many local tips to help us enjoy our stay in Edinburgh.
The room was very comfortable and definitely felt like home. The breakfasts were awesome with everything you could want and more. When we return to Edinburgh in the future this is where we will be staying again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Lincoln UK
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My wife & I stayed at 14 Hart St. for 4 nights at the end of October. During our stay James and Angela could not have been more friendly and helpful hosts. Our room was extremely comfortable, and beautifully decorated and with an impressive display of antique prints and furniture, as is the rest of the guest accommodation area. Breakfast lacks for nothing, and James will provide an impressive cooked meal if required. The location of this guest house is ideal, with Princes St. only a 5 minute walk, but at the same time it is far enough away from the busy streets to be a quiet and relaxing spot. Highly recommended.
Graeme & Anne Paterson

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Graeme P
Reviewed November 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed at 14 Hart St for four nights in early October.

James and Angela were warm and helpful hosts.

The home is beautiful and the breakfasts delicious with great company. The treats in the room were greatly appreciated after our days of touring.

It is in a lovely location close to everything and a great neighborhood.

We were in the front room which is spacious and beautifully furnished, including a desk, with a large modern bathroom.

1 Thank bellingham_10
Doncaster
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed at this lovely B&B for 2 nights our title says it all. James and Angela are the ideal hosts warm and friendly, nothing is too much trouble, so why stay in an expensive hotel when you can stay here. All the bedrooms are on the ground floor, our room had very little outside views but was beautifully furnished with a large and extremely clean shower room. To be quite honest when you have had a very busy day all you want is a warm cosy room to return to, a nice refreshing shower with the added bonus of a glass of whisky or wine and the following morning a breakfast to die for. We loved staying here and will definitely return.

1 Thank Elaine626
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed October 26, 2013

This was my second time to Edinburgh within this year. This time I stayed for 4 nights in the 14 Hart Street in October. A wonderful place indeed.

The B&B is situated about 5 to 10 minutes walk from the Princes Street and Waverly station, a very convenient location. You can find the St James shopping mall and John Lewis department store nearby, so easy for some last minute shopping also. Tesco and a few take away restaurants are also nearby, good for supper or when you come back late after a tour / visit and not in a mood for dining in a formal restaurant. Hart Street is in a residential area, quiet but safe.

The room was elegant, appropriately decorated and cozy. James had put some Whisky, red wine and shortbread inside the room for us to enjoy after a long day. The bed was comfortable and I managed to get some good sleep despite jet lag. The only minor thing was that the bathroom was a bit small for my room, though it wan't much a problem for me given I was traveling alone this time. I think the other rooms may have a bigger bathroom judging from the photos of other travelers.

James and Angela are very kind and helpful. You can get all the information that you may need to go around Edinburgh. It's always very enjoying to have a relaxing chat with James every morning during breakfast.

One of the highlights staying here was the wonderful breakfast. The breakfast was served in a well decorated colonial style breakfast room. I had a full English breakfast every morning during my stay which had me a wonderful start every day. The breakfast was delicious and generous. I still miss the yummy breakfast after I went back to my home country.

All in all, 14 Hart Street is a wonderful place to stay in Edinburgh. The price is very reasonable given the quality that you get especially the good breakfast. I would surely consider staying here again and have no reservation recommending my friends to consider staying in this wonderful and warm B&B when visiting Edinburgh.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 5 nights and it was my home away from home. Angela and James greeted me and got me situated in the first room downstairs. My room was comfortable, clean and quiet. The decorations made it feel homey. There was wine, water, tea and whiskey in the room and refreshed daily. You don't want for anything here.

Breakfasts were wonderful and James went out of his way to make sure everyone was taken care of. All of us staying there would share our plans for the day, share stories and just relax. It really was the perfect way to start each day.

The location can't be beat. You can get up to High Street in a quick 15 minute walk. There are also bus stops all around. There wasn't any place too far to walk, yet there are taxis always available.

I would come back here again and recommend it to anyone. The hospitality was wonderful. Thanks James and Angela!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Santa Rosa, California, United States
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed for a total of three nights - two at the start of our trip and one at the end - and can honestly say it was the best B&B of the whole two weeks. Located at the east end of New Town on a quiet street one block from restaurants, pubs and bus routes, the house is beautifully furnished with antiques - except for the very comfortable mattresses and super-modern and efficient bathrooms. The fact that the guest bedrooms are on the lower level doubly ensures a restful night. The complimentary whisky and wine in each room was unmatched anywhere else on our trip. The breakfast room is elegantly furnished, and breakfast was always ready for us no matter how early. James and Angela are the perfect hosts and no request was too much trouble. We would stay there again in a minute!

Room Tip: Of the two rooms we used, one has a kingsize bed and small bathroom. Another has queen size bed and...