“A Hidden Gem”

Ranked #1 of 389 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Berwick upon Tweed, United Kingdom
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Just back from a weekend in Edinburgh for my husbands birthday. We stay in Edinburgh a lot and from now on we simply won't look any further than 14 Hart Street for our accommodation. James and Angela are so welcoming and their home is simply stunning.
Our room was lovely. Bed so comfy, Huge walk in multi directional shower which was so good I had about 6 showers throughout the weekend, simply awesome. The room was extremly quiet and recipe 2 cracking nights sleep. And our presents were lovely, a decanter of Scotch whisky a bottle of wine, chocs and the most delicious cookies.
Breakfast was a treat with delicious cereals fruit and yoghurt and a cooked breakfast fit for a king, simply delicious. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at 14 hart Street and simply won't look any further for all future trips.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nicola S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Really enjoyed our stay. Very good location near facilities and city centre. Very high quality room, good breakfast and all round very comfortable.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank wilbury33
Cumbria
Reviewed February 24, 2012

We came back to this fantastic B&B after two very long years and it was just like coming home! Everything was as great as we remembered it, and James and Angela as welcoming as ever. We hope to be back again much sooner this time!

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank GattoGialloCumbria
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 22, 2012

My husband booked a suprise long weekend away for my 50th. I had nothing at all to do with the arrangements other than to book the Friday and Monday off work. He told me it was a city break so I would know what to pack. It wasnt until we were at the railway station that I knew where we going. He gave me the Rough Guide to browse on the train, and filled me in on the details. When he said he'd booked a B+B Im afraid my heart sank alittle. I hid my feelings cos I knew he'd gone to alot of effort. I had visions of stained candlwick bedspreads, flatpacked furniture, dodgy plumbing, and drabness. How utterly wrong can I be! 14 Hart St is a gem. The room was fabulous, bed so comfy, elegant furnishings and antique furniture, great bathroom, whisky/wine and vase of flowers (flowers because my husband had mentioned to Angela that is was my birthday). Despite being so close to the city it was wonderfully quiet. Very convenient for all the city attractions and restaurants. Angela and James were very perfect hosts and always had time for us as we returned 'home' with news of our adventures around the city. Cant thank them enough for helping make one of the best weekends away we have had. It was quite perfect. We will book again.

2 Thank anne h
Sheffield
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I surprised my wife for her 50th birthday,with a long w/e in Edinburgh and a central part of that was the great stay that we had at 14 Hart Street. Our hosts made us feel extremely welcome- nothing was too much trouble and we felt gloriously relaxed. James and Angela are the perfect hosts and always made time for our news of our jouirneys around the city.
We are looking forward to finding an excuse to go back to Edinburgh so that we can stay there again! We are well travelled and it is one of the nicest places that we have stayed in.
Look no further if staying in Edinburgh

Room Tip: We had the room at the front downstairs and when we go back I will ask for this one.
2 Thank Greg H
London
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Second time we have stayed at 14 Hart Street and just as great as the first - unbeatable location, (less than 10 mins walk from Waverley station), yet very quiet. Rooms are a good size and have everything you need, bed very conmfortable and the complimentary wine and whisky is a nice touch. James and Angela are very friendly hosts and nothing is too much trouble. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jeff2010London
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 10, 2012

We spent 3 nights around Burn's Night at 14 Hart Street. Our room was large, very comfortable and full of character. The tray of wine and whisky a very nice nice and welcome touch. Breakfasts were delicious, always at a time to suit us, and James was happy to prepare anything we wanted. James and Angela were charming hosts and made us feel as if we were sharing their house rather than staying at their B&B. We will certainly stay with them again next time we are in Edinburgh and would highly recommend 14 Hart Street without hesitation.

1 Thank Dave-from-the-Wood