“lovely place to stay”

Pillars House
Ranked #96 of 392 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
“lovely place to stay”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

this is in a good location not far from all the attractions. the hotel is lovely and clean. the breakfast was varied and good, you can have continental, full English or full Scottish, i can recommend the Scottish breakfast, i had never tried haggis but can recommend it. the couple who own pillars Edna and Forbes are very helpful and will give you lots of advise on places to see and how to get to them, nothing was too much trouble for them. we felt very welcomed here. thank you both for a lovely stay. when we visit Edinburgh again will definitely be staying at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Another B&B let me down at the last minute, Pillar's turned out to be virtually the only room in town and I couldn't have had better luck! My room had been recently refurbished with a hotel quality bathroom and very comfortable bed.

I received a very warm welcome from Edna on arrival and an amazing full scottish breakfast in the morning. Looking forward to staying at Pillars the next time I'm in Edinburgh.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Booked in for work. Was a little apprehensive at first as we were buzzed in rather than entering into a traditional reception you expect at a hotel. Met by Edna the landlady who couldn't have been nicer. Room was large (family room.....had 6 beds!). Everything was spotless and I mean spotless! It's a little dated but not scruffy, damaged or badly maintained. Bed was a little hard but that wasn't a big deal. Good location for the centre of Edinburgh. Would stay there again. Very warm welcome. Lovely staff.

• Stayed September 2012
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2012

The Hotel is very clean and roo is very comfortable for the family. They served great food.. This is not a hotel, we felt like home.. Thank you Edna... Our trip would not be that effective without you....

Regards
Sravana

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed August 28, 2012

my girlfriend and I spent a couple of days (and nights) during the Festival and i can only say that we received a very good service from Edna and all her staff; the place is very nice and clean and having breakfast in the morning is a real enjoying experience, specially with the haggis.. we were also helped to find another place to stay for the third night and we were offered a lift to the new place on the day we checked out; many thanks for your hospitality Edna and i will strongly recommend this guest house to whoever needs a confortable and nice place to stay when in Edinburgh

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
wright2607
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Pillars House is not a hotel, it is a lovely bed and breakfast on the out skirts of Edinburgh. My husband, mother, and myself stayed for two night 7th/8th August 2012, and we were made so welcome. The reason for our visit was the Edinburgh Tattoo, and if you have never been I would highly recommend it! All in all a lovely stay, and we will return. Thank you to Edna and family.x

Room Tip: My husband and I had a room at the back of the building.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Stayed for two nights, room immaculate, I had a bathroom which was not en-suite but right across the hall from my room and also immaculate. Nice family atmosphere and great staff. Made me feel very welcome. I was on my own but did not feel out of place. Bus stop to city centre very near door so no need to take a car. You even get a map of the city to help you find your way around. Lovely courtyard to the back with comfy sofas to sit on. found the price very good as this was Edinburgh and right at festival time. Would recommend to friends and would also try to get back there if I am in Edinburgh again

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo