“Magnificent Venue for Lovers of Jazz & Arts & Lovers of Life!”
Review of The Jazz Bar

The Jazz Bar
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Magnificent Venue for Lovers of Jazz & Arts & Lovers of Life!”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Visited the Jazz Club last night... darkness prevails honoring tradition...whilst the stage shy fully lit illuminates the band... Lovely musicians (Grooveyard), staff & clientele. It came to be a memorable night for my 33rd birthday!

Visited June 2013
3 Thank L P B

• Korean first
East Kilbride
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“FANTASTIC night at the Jazz Bar”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This should be on EVERY Edinburgh tourist's 'to do' list. Ignore the other negative comments - those things can happen in any bar to anyone. Went in last night (Friday) about 7.30 (free admission) and it felt like 3am. I felt like i was in an deep south american Jazz bar - the place was packed with everyone up dancing. All that was missing was the smoke!! It was so atmospheric... No, there weren't an awful lot of seats but who needs seats when the music is so good that you just want to dance. Truly fantastic musicians with a mixture of Jazz, Soul and Rock. Beer prices where about the cheapest i had experienced in Edinburgh (3.50 for a pint). I was with my Norwegian friend and we met some lovely American people. Everyone was very friendly and we all enjoyed it. It was a fantastic night. We had planned on going for dinner but didn't want to leave the place because it was so good (so ended up quite drunk on the cheap beer!!) I have just received a text from family members who also met up with us and they are going back there tonight - they enjoyed it so much. Go, go, go...and enjoy it - anyone who has anything negative to say about this place must be crazy!

Visited May 2013
4 Thank Donna M
Scotland
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“If you like jazz...”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

If you like jazz - and also other types of music - in a typically jazzy setting, then this bar is great. Single door entrance, down some steps to the basement, low lighting - the archetypal jazz bar really. We spent a brilliant few hours here late on a Saturday night, very busy but service was still fairly good. Great atmosphere and music, will definitely be back!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank ladyguru
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Good night out”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I don't usually post reviews. Having just returned home after a good night out I had a look at trip advisor to see what others thought. I was really shocked to see negative reviews. We thought that staff were courteous. Drink prices/entry fee reasonable. Music very enjoyable. Totally chilled out evening. What's not to like. Will be back again.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Daniel B
Sydney
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Really loved it!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Dropped by on a Saturday evening at around 9.30pm. It was packed without anywhere to sit. It's a really popular but intimate venue. My boyfriend and I bought some drinks and then stood close to the front to enjoy the jazz which was AMAZING! A table vacated, and we were able to sit down... but if you come, be prepared to stand until chairs vacate! I really enjoyed the atmosphere and had a great time. I didn't feel intimidated at all while I was there... there were people of all ages enjoying the music. You should definitely check out the jazz bar while you're in Edinburgh. It's worth doing! I wanted to come back again the following night!

Visited April 2013