“An oasis in the big city”
Review of Aaran Lodge

Aaran Lodge
Ranked #114 of 389 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“An oasis in the big city”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I had the most wonderful time when staying at the Aaran Lodge Guest House in October 2012. Teresa and her husband made me feel so very welcome and whipped up my favourite breakfast in the mornings. The rooms are decorated to a very high standard. One feels at home immediately. I will come back, as soon as, early December! Wishing you all the very best for the future. Julia x

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Julia F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I came across the Aaran Lodge whilst working in Edinburgh at the Straiton Next refurbishment . We were not happy with how much we were paying at the hotel . When I told Theresa she was very pleased to help us out . We got a good rate for staying through the week and sometimes the weekend . I had a twin room which was tastefully decorated and very comfortable . We have stayed fat the Aaran lodge for the past 2 months . All I would like to say is a big thank you to Theresa for making our stay pleasant and comfortable . I would recommend this guest house to indiduals and families . Thank you Theresa . See you again soon

• Stayed August 2012
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I would definitely recommend this guest house. Really nice experience. Beautiful and very clean. Newly decorated. Owners more than willing to give trip advice. Loved it here. Very good value for money.

Room Tip: Excellent value for money.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Edmonton
Reviewed September 26, 2012

This is an excellent Bed and Breakfast/lodge. Bright, immaculate, spacious rooms with modern facilities/great shower, etc. Nice to have flat screen TV and free internet access. The breakfasts are outstanding. Theresa is the ultimate hostess!

The Hendersons
Edmonton, Alberta CANADA

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Aaran Lodge Guest House is a beautifuuly refurbished old home.
The room was very comfortable and spotlessly clean.
Breakfast overlooking the garden was well presented in a delightful setting.
Our host was gracious and very helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We have just returned after a short break in Edinburgh and our stay at Aaran Lodge was awesome in every way. The guest house was stunningly impressive inside and when I first laid laid eyes on our room it felt like it has just jumped out of "Hello Magazine" - tastefully furnished and immaculate. We were very well taken care of by Alec and Theresa in every way. We will be recommending them to family and friends and will stay there again when we make another visit.

Room Tip: Ours was room no 7 and it is perfect for a family of three.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2012

My stay at the Aaran Lodge Guesthouse was undoubtably the best Guesthouse I have ever stayed in . On arrival I was welcomed by Theresa who made me feel like I was home from home . I was amazed at how beautiful the house was when I went inside . Stunning is the word I would use .

Once I was checked in I was asked if I needed any information about Edinburgh by Theresa . She gave me very useful information as in how to get into town by car and by the train and bus . When taken and showed to my room I was amazed at the beautiful decor and furniture in the house . All I can say is that Theresa has spent a lot of time and money and achieved a marvellous result . Anyway going back to the room !!! Well what can I say it was just stunning. Room six was a spacious and modern room . The room was beautifuly decorated with a lovely aroma coming from fresh flowers displayed on the dresser . Like the rest of the house it was absolutely spotless . Everything from the beautifuly dressed bed to to the gleaming ornaments and furniture . The ensuite bathroom was the same everything in it and beautifuly presented .

After showing me the room Theresa asked me what I would like for my breakfast . This I've never come across before , usually you get what is on a menu and that's that , but Theresa said that she was able to do any combination of breakfast and its what I would like to be on my plate . Just how good is that . Anyway not being a heavy eater in the mornings I choose to have scrambled egg and bacon . I found this to be such a friendly and caring touch to make a stay feel home from home .

After a good nights sleep I went down for my breakfast into the gorgeous dinning room . Like the rest off the house beautifuly designed and decor again truly amazing . It was nice to look out onto the patio and back garden which was blooming with colour with all the flowers in the planters and borders . My breakfast was amazing . It was so tasty and beautifuly done . Everything was so well presented and just immaculate .

I stayed at the Aaran Lodge for Four nights . I fell in love with place that's all I can say . It's perfect in every way . It's so nice to be made to feel at home . Theresa is such a lovely host . She always made sure her guests were happy and were ok . She just couldnt do enough for everyone . I would and will recommend the Aaran lodge Guest House to every one . For familys , couples and singles . I will be back again when I have business again in Edinburgh . No more hotels for me . Ill be staying at the Aaran lodge again and again . Theresa ... Thank you once again for making me feel at home . My stay was magic . Will be back again very soon .

• Stayed August 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edinburgh
Best Western Kings Manor Hotel
#136 of 389 in Edinburgh
Mackenzie Bunks
Mackenzie Bunks
#2 of 3 in Musselburgh

Been to Aaran Lodge? Share your experiences!