“Weekender”

GreenLeadersGold level
Aberdeen
“Weekender”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Location - 5 minute walk from the the Royal Mile, 10 minutes to Princes St. Really nice Hotel with large rooms. Complementary free wifi. The breakfast buffet was really good with lots of choice. We also had evening meal which was very nice. Not a large selection, but well cooked and presented. Found staff to be friendly, and helpfull

2 Thank RamieAnneAberdeen
MWalker13, Guest Relations Manager at Ten Hill Place, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay with us. We will let the staff know you were very happy with the food and the service your received. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Chapelhall, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Was pleasantly surprised to be able to check in a couple of hours earlier than we should have and could relax in our room . had just expected they would look after our overnight bag, Very nice and knowledgeable staff on the desk. Our room was well designed, although I can't think who would wish glass doors on the bathroom. Stripes of clear and opaque glass, which isn't every one's cup of tea,. Unfortunately the bed was far too soft for us, and we didn't get much sleep because of it. Free wifi was a bonus. The breakfast buffet was really good with lots of choice. The hotel was perfect for our concert at Queens Hall, and was in a very quiet side street within a 5 or 10 min walk of Princes St, given this a three ratu=]ing because the bed was so uncomfortable & i'd expected better from 4 star accomodation. It may suit others though, just not us !!!

1 Thank Elspeth D
Thank you for your comments. We note the comments on the bed - we usually receive very positive comments on our comfy beds, but we appreciate we cannot suit everybody. It does sound however as if you enjoyed everything else about yoru stay which is great!
Manchester
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Really nice room, standard double was a nice sized room with a very comfy bed. The decor is lovely and the bathroom is very spacious. Complementary free wifi was an added bonus. They were also very accommodating as we arrived very early and they allowed us into our room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay. The complimentary wi-fi has been a very welcome addition to our guests.
St Andrews
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I've stayed in many hotels in Edinburgh, but a first visit for this one. Safe to say it wil be my last.

Upon arrival at the hotel I was greeted with an unfriendly receptionist who was blunt and unhelpful. Upon finding my "superior" room, I was greeted with a room the size of a postage stamp with barely any room to swing a cat.
The bathroom was poorly equipped with a small shower and a dirty sink- and only two towels for my entire stay, the waste bin in the room had also not been cleaned beforehand.
I went to book a taxi through reception, to find that the phone was faulty.
Upon returning to the hotel at midnight, the reception was empty, which did not reassure me to the security of the hotel. The room was exceptionally loud with street level traffic and people easily heard (I was on the third floor)- in addition, a green LED light on one of the fittings in the room kept it illuminated all night.
I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank antraveller71
Chris G, General Manager at Ten Hill Place, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for leaving your comments - I'm sorry we did not meet your expectations. I am unable to ascertain which room you stayed in, but I feel our superior rooms are indeed spacious and well equipped, our bedrooms carry all the features of any other 4 star hotel. It may be that our housekeeping team had done us a dis-service in that particular room, but as with everything our hotel team and managers are here to ensure all of our guests have a super stay, and to put right any concerns our guests may have. I am sorry we did not have the opportunity to do so on this occasion.
Thank you again for leaving your comments, hope that you will indeed return.
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Lovely stay in a fab hotel. Was a special occasion as my boyfriend was speaking at the parliament and this was the perfect hotel to make it wonderful. Paid for upgrade and although we thought 40 quid was a little pricey, the room was beautiful and large. Came back to hotel after midnight and the night watchman was happy to act as our barman until the wee hours! Breakfast was gorgeous and stay very memorable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank L G
Chris G, General Manager at Ten Hill Place, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
It sounds like you had a super stay! We are very proud of our Skyline rooms and i'm glad they added to your experience. We hope to see you again soon!
Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Booked this hotel through lastminute.com as it was through one of the top secret hotel deals, got it fairly cheap and honestly wasn't expecting that good of a hotel.

The room was a standard double room, however very spacious, very clean, the bathroom was a good size and the bed was very comfortable. Only issue is the glass doors for the bathroom? Frosted on one bit, then clear, then frosted. Very strange as you can view people using the toilet quite easily.

Had a drink at the bar before we went out for a meal which wasn't too expensive and was nice. The staff were very extremely helpful when helping us choose a restaurant to visit. Would like to say thanks to the Barman and polish receptionist for their help!

We will definitely be using this hotel again this year when we return to Edinburgh.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! I'm glad that our team was helpful and they were delighted with your comments. Yes the bathroom doors are a contentious issue, however we have listened to our customers and commenced a programme to cover the non-frosted parts of the door in a portion of our bedrooms.
I hope that you will return again soon, thank you again for your review.
Merritt Island, Florida
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I recently stayed at the Ten Hill Place Hotel on my recent trip to Edinburgh. I took a taxi to the hotel from the airport and found it to be on a side street off of a main street. I got there prior to the check in time. I was initially advised that the room was not ready and they were kind enough to hold my luggage. While getting things together, I was told that the room was ready which worked out perfect. I, along with my friend, got our bags and went up to the room. Our room was a twin room and was quite large. It came with the standard amenities (iron,tv,desk,ect). The bathroom was quite large also. The interesting thing about the bathroom is the door. It's a glass door but it's filtered so you can't really see in. The shower also had great water pressure which is always a good thing in my eyes.
The view from the room was of the cul de sac across the street. Overall a pretty quiet street. A plus about the hotel is that there's free wifi while in the hotel. To obtain the password, just as the reception desk.
The people at reception were always helpful and offered assistance when needed. They also called a taxi for us upon our departure. The taxi was there in less than a minute. If I go back to Edinburgh, I will most likely be willing to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you will return soon.