Tigerlily Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Rabble Rooms(Edinburgh)
  • Pool
1,866 results
All reviewsgeorgian suitegeorge streetblack roomluxury double roomghd straightenerswhite company toiletriesmini suitelighting systembreakfast in beditison dealon arrivalmini bargorgeous hotelturn down servicehuge bedlittle toucheswalk in shower
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2010

The rooms are gorgeous - huge, welcoming and funky. They are so well-kept and well designed. The staff are friendly and the food at the restaurant is excellent. Whenever we are in Edinburgh we stay here, nowhere else can compare. No pool or gym facilities however and the restaurant can be quite noisy.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2010

I stayed at Tigerlily while attending an academic conference in Edinburgh, over 3 of the roughest days I can remember. Absolutely dreadful weather. A pleasure then to find Tigerlily, as described, and 3 minutes from the conference itself. My room on the 1st floor was pretty, with a huge double bed, flat screen TV and lovely decor. My first night wasn't so good though. I tried to open the window to let in some fresh air and the secondary pane of glass came out of its runners. Probably my fault. Anyway - I woke up in the morning wanting a bath to realise my bathroom didn't have one - only a shower! I rang reception to draw their attention to this, but they said it was commonplace in Edinburgh due to a lack of space. Perfectly laudible, not to mention environmentally sound - but this shower was the size of 4 baths put together. It was a massive walk-in rainforest shower. So they kindly moved me to a room with a bathroom.

Not only did this room have a bathroom, but was absolutely vast, huge high ceilings and more gorgeous than the first. So I spent my second night there. The thing you should know about Tigerlily though, is people dont really go there for the rooms. It has an extremely lively and active nocturnal scene, busy all hours of the day and night. I didn't eat there, other than breakfast which was brought to the room and was of a relatively high standard. I did, however, spend a long and entertaining evening in the bar, making the most of its smoking-room, which for us smokers, especially considering the weather outside, was really quite a treat.

In the daytime the freezing rain lashed in sideways and the gale force winds blew the hotel umbrella in to a mass of tangled metal. The hotel really was a cozy little haven after braving the outdoors, and I found all the staff to be extremely helpful and polite.

They clearly take customer satisfaction seriously. When I phoned down to say the remote on my TV had run out of batteries, someone was round in 2 minutes, found the lightbulb also needed replacing and then followed something akin to the Monty Python dirty fork sketch - attention, apologies, tending to my every wish.

They capped it all by not charging me any extra for the upgrade to a room with a bath, and then knocked a further £50 off the bill because of the 'inconvenience'.

Its a very funky hotel, with gorgeous rooms and lovely, genuinely nice, staff. They put customers first without any question. Strongly recommended providing you dont want somewhere quiet for your nightcap.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 6, 2010

We went for a break to Edinburgh over Easter. The plus points were a good bar, and a nice room. Downside was undoubtedly elements of the service. There is a slightly snooty approach to guests - they don't quite ask you for ID every time you walk into the lobby, but there is an air and a look about the people who are on reception which suggests it's uppermost in their mind. We were not dressed very smartly, but we hardly looked like tramps either - the look suggested they though we looked like we were carrying cans of Special Brew and were about to ask for a bowl of water for the dog. When we checked in, we mentioned we were members of Mr and Mrs Smith (wondering if there were any 'perks') to be greeted with a look from the man reception which I dare say he gives animal excrement which he finds on the sole of his shoe and the question "so?".

The food in the restaurant was good. However it is RIGHT next to a (very noisy) bar. The hotel sees no real problem in allowing those who are just there for a drink to wander into the restaurant bit to stand around guffawing and backslapping their friends. It does not make for a relaxing meal - and would absolutely ruin any intimate dinner.

The hotel boasts that it has an arrangement with the hotel over the road for gym facilities. And indeed it does. For £10. It's not particularly good, and when you're paying getting on for £200 per night for a room, you might expect access to a gym to be included.

I don't want to be too down on the hotel - and we enjoyed aspects of the stay, it's just I am not sure that it can really be said to be value for money. They appear to be going all-out to be stylish (albeit in a slightly 'footballers' wives' style), but could perhaps devote slighty more effort to the basics of service and comfort.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2010

Our stay at Tigerlily was ruined by the fact that the drinks cooler in our room was broken. We did report this after discovering it overnight on our first night in the hope it would be fixed. We also reported the DVD player broken. When we arrived back at the hotel late in the afternoon we discovered neither had been fixed and reported them again. Regarding the DVD player - we were disturbed 4 times by someone coming to try and fix it before having the initiative to replace it and take the broken one away to repair. The drinks cooler was never mentioned! We found this all very stressful as I am in the stages of early pregnancy and require regular cool fluids throughout the day and night. The airconditioning in the room meant I was in even more need of cool drinks. We specifically booked a hotel with this facility and are truly disappointed that considering the money it cost us to stay, this was not sorted out. As for complimentary tea and coffee - impossible given the milk had turned to cheese! What should have been a stress free, relaxing time was ruined by the lack of service on these issues.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2010

I was put in charge of organising my friend's hen weekend in Edinburgh and when I saw Tigerlily's website I knew I'd hit on something very special. Based in George Street, the trendy and up-market part of town it has exactly the right amount of glitz and glamour for any large group of girls. Tigerlily obviously know this which is why they offer a ''Girls Weekend'' package where, for £300 you get the following:- 2 nights bed and breakfast, a sumptuous afternoon tea with warm scones and home-made cakes, 3 course dinner and 2 course lunch with cocktail at one of their sister hotels. Also included is a personal shopping experience at Harvey Nichols, reduced price on treatments at a local spa and free vip entry into their nightclub. The standard of food, level of service and overall wow-factor of the rooms which all have flatscreen tv's, i-pods and GHD hairstraighteners made this one of the most memorable weekend breaks for all 12 of us and very good value, considering what the package offers. I would recommend it to anyone, especially for a hen weekend

• Stayed: March 2010