“Gorgeous Hotel”

Ranked #25 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
London, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights and were wowed by the hotel. The rooms were luxurious, spacious and extremely comfortable, and the entire hotel was decorated beautifully.

The food in the restaurant was delicious and I would recommend visiting the bar for a few drinks in the evening - good for celebrity spotting!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Turkish first
scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed for three nights and mostly enjoyed our stay. Breakfast is extremely good, great choice and amazing porridge! Dinner not so good and slow service.Superior rooms are spacious and comfortable. Bar area very noisy, loud music playing until 1 am, so not for you if you don't like this. I think it's more suited to the young, hip crowd!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kitty905
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Went here last night 27/5 for dinner with my daughter and her friend
The service was amazing and the food gorgeous
We had the 2 course set menu for £15 which was great value
Will deffo be going back

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ladymaule
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

It actually angers me slightly when I read even slightly negative reviews on this gorgeous hotel. I stayed here on the 26th with my boyfriend for our anniversary! It was absolutely gorgeous. The staff were unbelievably polite and friendly from the second I emailed them to reserve our room to the moment we checked out.

The rooms are absolutely beautiful and huge with and amazingly comfortable bed that could fit at least 4 people in it. The bathroom is beautiful, with wonderful lighting throughout the whole suite.

The food was by far the BEST meal I have ever had in my life and I rated it far above the meals I had in London. I had the hot salmon and chive croquettes, pork belly main and chocolate fondant dessert and was utterly blown away by the quality and quantity!

A review below states the staff are not attentive. Now everyone is entitled to their opinion but we were repeatedly checked on and updated and when I requested a late check out the gentleman was lovely and did everything he could with no extra charge. Even the maintenance men were extremely friendly in the morning on the way to breakfast!!

Overall, the best trip and hotel I have stayed in. Beautiful on SO many levels, perfect for a couples getaway. Will definitely be visiting again! Thank you to EVERYONE at Tigerlily! You made our anniversary perfect! :D

2 Thank Cairon92
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

On the 14th of April I stayed at this hotel on a business trip. The check in was a little messy, but the staff was very friendly. The elevator and corridors are very basic and the rooms are of a high standard. The ground floor area with the bars and restaurants were great in atmosphere. The service was slow and staff were not very attentive. The quality of the offered food was mediocre. Overall a pleasant atmosphere, good quality room but lack of quality in service and food during diner and breakfast.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night and I have to say what a fantastic hotel!

We have stayed in some top class hotels in the world but we both agreed the staff and general standard of the hotel, rooms, bar and nightclub are of the highest quality!!

We would recommend this hotel and look forward to staying again.

My wife left her jacket and we received an email letting us know and they would mail it to us. Very honest and very impressed!!

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I booked one night here as it had been recommended by a friend, we certainly were not disappointed! We've visited Edinburgh many times and this is our favourite hotel by far. From the moment we checked in we were made to feel very welcomed and special. Our room was lovely and very comfortable, everything we wanted was there.
The lively cocktail bar was superb as was breakfast the next morning. All the staff were so friendly and very accommodating, we're looking forward to our next visit. Well worth a stay !!!