Tigerlily Hotel
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
$156
  • Pool
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$161
$156
  • Bar/Lounge
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$227
Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$187
$165
Agoda.com
Apex Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$126
$117
  • Pool
$251
$232
Agoda.com
Cairn Hotel Edinburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$146
$90
  • Bar/Lounge
$121
1,871 results
All reviewsgeorgian suitegeorge streetblack roomluxury double roomghd straightenerswhite company toiletriesmini suitelighting systembreakfast in beditison dealon arrivalmini bargorgeous hotelturn down servicehuge bedlittle toucheswalk in shower
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Me and my wife stayed at Tigerlily for NYE 2013 and it was superb. We stayed in a luxury double room and it was lovely, very spacious and very comfy bed. We had free cocktail vouchers waiting in our room for NYE which was nice. We also had a meal in there for our tea and it was out of this world. It is the best meal I have ever had and the waitress was lovely, she would do anything for you. I read a lot of reviews about it being noisy, we were on floor 2 and we didnt hear a thing even though there was a NYE party going on till 3am, We had a good nights sleep in the comfy bed. We had breakfast in the morning which was served between 7.30-12.00 which I thought was good. Again the food was gorgeous and I have never had scrambled eggs like it absolutely lush. All in all the hotel was faultless and I will definitely be stopping there again on our next visit to Edinburgh.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed 29 Dec on an ITISON DBB deal & after reading reviews on here we upgraded our room to one on the 3rd floor at the back of the hotel so as not to overlook noisy George Street. Good move cos the bar/restaurant is very busy and i like a good nights sleep - however, there was a noisy fracas in the yard which our room overlooked at 1am, we still heard music until 3am and the heavy, solid wood doors made it impossible for other guests to shut them without banging them. So not a great nights sleep despite the bed being very comfortable. Room 30 was cosmetically beautiful with all the bits & bobs mentioned in other reviews. Look out for the price list in the wardrobe for the additional charges .......£3 for a cheap toothbrush & paste, £3 for a cheap razor ....... Come on Tigerlily, at the prices charged for the room surely these items should be complimentary? Also £2 for a bag of crisps is a bit steep. The practicalities of staying in this beautiful, spacious room were something else. The most confusing lighting system & control panel which interfered with the television signal really was annoying. What happened to a simple light switch? Instant coffee or a cafetiere would be alot better than the fiddly 'coffee bags' provided. OK onto the food. Dinner - the food was outstanding, we got to sit where WE wanted & not tucked out of the way in a booth which we were allocated - luckily we sorted this out at check in. The dinner deal menu was limited but MATT our waiter allowed me to have an alternative dish - he was brilliant & deserves a special mention -attentive, knowledgeable, personable and very helpful. Breakfast - food was great. However we sat for 45 minutes with only a coffee. I have lots of other niggles about the breakfast service purely because the waitress described it as 'a la Carte' - with paper serviettes? Bit picky but i would expect cloth napkins with an 'a la carte' breakfast. I think the prices at Tigerlily are over inflated and you pay for the George Street address - its a boutique hotel punching above its weight, trying to do too much. I wouldnt come back.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JOANNEMC
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Stopped by for a quick drink and was very impressed. Was very bright and Christmassy and welcoming. Best Old Fashioned I've ever had, made by a charming bartender by the name of Rosie. I will definitely be back!

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Just back from an overnight stay at the fabulous Tigerlily and I loved it! The bell boy room us to our room although we still had to carry our own bags and he waited expectantly for a top! No chance! Room was amazing..on the 3rd floor with a great view and the comfiest bed I have ever slept in. On a DBB deal, dinner was lovely on a set menu with not as much choice as a the a la carte. Was told on check in we were booked In for a private booth at dinner, this didn't happen. Breakfast was fine, only bug bear is the waiter took order, didn't write it down, came back to confirm order and still got it wrong. Overall I had a brilliant stay, would have been perfect if not for the couple blips.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night on 27 December 2013, given as a Christmas gift. Lovely hotel in upmarket George Street in the centre of Edinburgh. Excellent hotel with modern bar & restaurant. Stayed in Room 9 which was spacious and well finished, complimentary toiletries, bathrobes & slippers, iPod, GHDs straighteners & hairdryer. Breakfast in bed which was a nice luxury. Would recommend a night here.