I booked Le Monde to take my girlfriend away for 2 nights for her 30th birthday. I wanted a cool and original "boutique" hotel which didn't break the bank. Le Monde ticks almost every single box. The "London" room was fantastic - i (cheekily) asked for a complimentary upgrade from a superior room and it turned out that they'd already given us one! The girl on reception was almost apologetic for not being able to bump us up to a junior suite! The decor was great, the bed was sooooo comfortable and the bathroom was luxurious. I can't fault it at all. The location of the hotel is great too - a short walk to the castle and all the bars etc on George Street. The service was great as well - they were happy and helpful and made us feel incredibly welcome.
So basically everything was great and the hotel provided great memories for my girlfriend's b'day trip as she absolutely loved it. However, the only thing that dissapointed was the noise from the club / bars in the hotel. I read lots of reviews stating that this was an issue and so I was certainly mindful when i decided to book. I did ask when I booked to be given a quiet room and even the upgrade was at the back of the hotel on the top floor. We're a young couple and don't normally have an issue with this sort of thing, but do be aware that it is very noticable when trying to sleep. The noise comes flying up the lift shaft and the bass makes the room vibrate until 3 a.m (on a tuesday night)....on the 3rd floor! It certainly didn't ruin our stay at all, but if i ever go back to Edinburgh for a relaxing break I would probably stay elsewhere......which is a real shame because everything else about the hotel is fantastic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Voted the 8th trendiest hotel in the UK, we are without a doubt the trendiest hotel on George Street, and one of only three to make the shortlist in Edinburgh. Wander through a unique odyssey of world class eating, drinking and dreaming... without even leaving Edinburgh. Our 18 individually designed rooms are inspired by some of the world's most exciting cities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Le Monde Hotel Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Monde Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Le Monde Hotel
- Le Monde Hotel Edinburgh Scotland