“Great location”

Le Monde Hotel Edinburgh
Ranked #75 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Perfect location in Edimburg, just side by side with The Dome and close to shops. Five minutes walk and you reach the Castle and touristic attractions. The service is really nice. Only problem is parking your car, they do not have a Parking and it's so very expensive to leave it close to hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are different and go by names of citys arround the world, we stayed at "Moscow"...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Le Monde Hotel Edinburgh

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Receptionist on arrival very welcoming, even helped us with our bags as struggling with the champagne you get when booking in.
On first impressions of the Tokyo room I thought it was nice..... One of the running curtains fell to the floor when I tried to close it. Sat on the sofa and the cushions really moved. I went into the huge impressive bathroom to be met with ? Pubic hair two in the bath, one in the shower and one in the sink well this doesn't happen in a clean bathroom at my home so don't expect to get that in a 4* hotel. I complained it was re-cleaned and a bottle of prosecco chilling and a sorry note beside it which was a nice gesture but I would have been happier with a clean bathroom on arrival.
Young guys on the bar very slow to serve.
Cooked breakfast was so-so not fresh produce from a butcher something you buy from a supermarket fridge.
Very expensive £560 for two nights but would have been worth it if standards had been higher, as the toiletries, mini bar, dressing gowns, and crisp white bed linen were nice.
Hotel lets down the lovely receptionists who booked us in and out, there a credit to the manager.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Booked a midweek 2 night stay recently. booked on the day over the phone and drove up.
When we got there, after mentioning it was a birthday present for my better half on the phone, they had upgraded us to a suite (the Sydney). It was awesome. Sunken bath, massive bed, cool atmospheric lighting. (The air con control panel is in amongst the long wall of pictures you'll never find it unless you ask!!!)
The room was exceptionally clean and well supplied with toiletries, towels, tea and coffee etc.

I think the biggest credit to this hotel is it's staff. These modern stylish hotels can be pretentious and starchy but not here. Every single member of staff was friendly, genuine and helpful and made our (now 3 night stay), even more amazing.
Breakfast is gorgeous at this place, but if you have the porridge, be prepared for the biggest bowl you'll ever have.
11/10. We'll be back without fail.

Room Tip: There is a nightclub in the basement and when it is on, you may hear it on the 1st and 2nd floors. S...
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Visited the hotel for a one night overnight stay, booked in for dinner bed and breakfast staying in Atlantis at the cost of £265 (not a cheap night out). We arrived and were greeted by 2 very nice receptionists with complimentary champagne (a very nice touch).

1) When we went up to the room I went in to the bathroom to freshen up, on turning the taps above the sink on the wall they both fell off in my hand!!
2) On both the soap dispenser and the hand lotion bottles the pump did not work, I had to unscrew and pour into my hands!!!!!
3) Fish tank in room cloudy and dirty looking.
4) We fancied a cup of tea before heading out for a walk, kettle broke, had to call reception to get another sent up!!!!
5) After our walk went to the bar for a pre dinner drink, I was given a dirty wine glass that I sent back!!!!
6) My partner had booked for dinner in advance, this information clearly had not filtered from reception to the restaurant as it was obvious that there was no booking for us.
7) Menu!! If you fancy pub grub at your local Brewers Fayre you are in for a treat. Choices include Bangers & Mash, Beer Battered Fish & Chips, Steak Pie. I had Macaroni Cheese and my partner had a Burger. Hardly a menu for a (and I quote from their website) luxury boutique hotel!!!
8) We retired to the room later to discover that our, another quote (comfortable king size bed) was in fact 2 single beds shoved together with king size bedding on it!!!!
9) In the morning I ordered the Eggs Florentine for breakfast to be given hard poached eggs with an overpowering taste of vinegar.
10) When my partner finally managed to get hold of the Manager (3 days later!!) he was told that she apologised that we had not enjoyed our stay and if we ever chose to stay again she would give us some sort of discount, not very likely!!!!

Room Tip: Be aware if booking Atlantis that it looks bigger on the website than it really is, gotta love wide...
5  Thank GillyIH
Reviewed March 31, 2014

First stay at Le Monde. Absolutely fantastic experience - the food, drink and staff were excellent. The hotel and restaurant's relaxed atmosphere was just what we needed. The New York Suite was spacious, comfortable and just ooooozed class! Can't wait to book again x

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Stayed here a couple of years ago and it was a different experience altogether. The room this time was not entirely clean and space was limited (Barcelona Room). The bed and linen were very comfortable but overall the facilities have been trimmed too far.
We made the (bad) decision to eat there at night - a nightmare - just don't! To finish on a plus - the reception staff were both very welcoming and friendly throughout.

1  Thank Dianne P
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I was impressed with the room. It was clean and had all the facilities you would expect.

The bar was lively and adequetly staffed. Restaurant need to brush up on their menu as I had to go out to dine.

• Stayed: March 2014