Le Monde Hotel Edinburgh
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
        View Hotel
        All reviewsgeorge streetatlantis roomsunken bathcairo suitedirty martinishanghai clubnightclub downstairsjunior suiteon arrivalboutique hoteldouble showerbreakfast in bedfabulous hotelwould recommend this hotel to anyonefantastic staybirthday treatthe heart of the city
        FilterAll languages
        Reviewed March 30, 2014

Stayed here a couple of years ago and it was a different experience altogether. The room this time was not entirely clean and space was limited (Barcelona Room). The bed and linen were very comfortable but overall the facilities have been trimmed too far.
        We made the (bad) decision to eat there at night - a nightmare - just don't! To finish on a plus - the reception staff were both very welcoming and friendly throughout.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
        1  Thank Dianne P
        Reviewed March 28, 2014

I was impressed with the room. It was clean and had all the facilities you would expect.

The bar was lively and adequetly staffed. Restaurant need to brush up on their menu as I had to go out to dine.

• Stayed: March 2014
        Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I came here for 2 nights to celebrate our third wedding anniversary.

It is a really lovely hotel and we were staying in the Barcelona room. I wasn't a fan of the floral wallpaper it looked a bit cheap to me but the huge funky mirror on the wall luckily covered a lot of it!! The room was probably smaller than I expected but it didn't really bother me. The bathroom was lovely, the shower was really powerful and the bath was big. Decorated beautifully too!

Unfortunately on the Friday night I heard the sound of a load of glass being poured into a bin at least four times because the room is right near a club, which for the price of the room I certainly wouldn't have expected. Luckily it didn't wake us up.

The hotel is in a great location quite central for the shops and a short walk from the railway station. I would stay here again but would definitely request a different room.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
        Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed in many hotels but this one is the true wow-experience! Staff is amazing! Very service minded, kind and helpful. They even surprised us with a birthday card and champagne when they learned it was my husbands birthday. We stayed in the room "Reykjavik" and it was so nice!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
        Reviewed March 13, 2014

I've now stayed in this hotel three times and I mad surprised I have never reviewed it.
        The staff are amazing, it doesn't matter what the issue - from calling to get a DVD or because your bath is missing a plug - they are quit and helpful.

First stay was in St Petersburg, a lovely smaller room with a seat window. Looks over edinburgh rooftops, such a peaceful place. It felt a million miles away from home (I only stay 20 miles away).

The second stay we opted for Barcelona. Room again was lovely.... Until the club downstairs closed. The normal chatter of people
        Waving the club in the early hours was to be expected but nit the constant sound of breaking bottles being emptied into the bins half the night. I actually came home and fell asleep.

We did return, mid week, in hope of a quieter time. As despite the above there is something lovely about the hotel. New York this time, perfect for a winters day exploring the winter wonderland and returning to the massive double shower.

Lovely place if you want a hotel with some character.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple