Le Monde Hotel Edinburgh
Orbitz.com
  • Room Service
$509
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgeorge streetatlantis roomsunken bathcairo suitedirty martinishanghai clubnightclub downstairsjunior suiteon arrivalboutique hoteldouble showerbreakfast in bedfabulous hotelwould recommend this hotel to anyonefantastic staybirthday treatthe heart of the city
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Having read the mainly positive reviews on Trip Advisor of Le Monde, we stayed for one night at this boutique hotel in Edinburgh with city themed rooms. I am afraid I was a little disappointed. I felt it had a touch of arrogance with both the overall feel and I believed the staff at times at that arrogance. The both meals we had, dinner and breakfast lacked taste and were lack lustre. We stayed in the Bejing room and it felt cold in feel and had very little appeal.

I always judge a hotel on whether I would return to enjoy the experience and I am afraid on my visit to Le Monde I am afraid I wouldn't return.

A positive of this hotel is that it is centrally located within the city.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kevin B
Mike A, Manager at Le Monde Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at Le Monde. I am disappointed to hear that our Beijing room was not to your taste. We have had great feedback from other guests who have stayed in this room recently but with each of our 18 rooms being individually designed it sometimes happens that we allocate the wrong room to the right people!

With regards to staff attitudes I am very concerned that you found them to be arrogant. We have a great team of hard working staff here. We pride ourselves on employing people who enjoy customer service and who will always go that extra mile. If there is a weak link in the chain I would like to know about it. If you would be so kind to email me directly to ellaborate on this it would be very much appreciated: mike.allan@lemondehotel.co.uk

Lastly, I do hope you will change your mind and give us another try one day. I would only ask that you contact us directly if booking and we will be delighted to talk you through our different themes and room types and allow us to select a room that is perfect for you!

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a friday night to celebrate our anniversary in LA suite. Champagne on arrival and suite was fantastic looking. Not quite up to my ocd clean standards but nothing to complain about. The GIANT bath with brilliant. Restuarant was decent. Nothing spectacular but a good dinner. I asked for a non alcoholic cocktail as none on the menu and got a very good virgin mojito. atmosphere and look of the bar was great. You could hear some noise from the bar/club when trying to sleep but it was bearable and I expected it in a club hotel in central edinburgh. Need a better mattress on the bed. It was 2 singles pushed together and there was a clear seam felt plus they did turn in so got rolled onto the seam. Decent breakfast although there was a bit of a morning after a party smell and staff still cleaning up and organising for the next night

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to review Le Monde. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay on the whole. We embrace guest feedback and will certainly be using your comments constructively as we strive to continually improve our service and guest experience.

The beds you mentioned are executive zip and link which many hotels use to accomodate double and twin bookings but we are currently adding in georgous matress toppers to enhance our sleeping experience. Hope you will make it back again soon to experience the difference!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed here for my 30th Birthday in the New York suite & enjoyed every single moment of the stay. The staff were extremely friendly & accommodating & certainly helped make our experience memorable which is what the weekend was all about.

The suite was luxurious & the location excellent for shopping & sight seeing.

We are already planning our next trip back!

• Stayed: November 2013
Mike A, Manager at Le Monde Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback. We are delighted that we managed to make your time at Le Monde enjoyable and memorable!

If we can be of any further assistance when planning your next trip please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Hotel staff were so welcoming on arrival, we got a free upgrade and champage on arrival. They offered us great advice for travel and sightseeing around the town.
Bedroom was lovely and big, beautiful decorated - we were in the Cairo room. Food was delicious and great value, lovely decor in the bar and restaurant.
Perfect location - couldn't have wished for anything more!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike A, Manager at Le Monde Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Hi Sophie,

Thank you for taking time to leave your kind review.

I remember you checking in as we were so pleased to be able to offer you the complimentary upgrade! I'm delighted that you appreciated it and that you had a pleasant stay.

Hope to see you back again soon!

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 25, 2013

A last minute decision to stay here for one night for our anniversary. What a very pleasant place, welcomed by really friendly staff and a glass of Champagne. We really wanted a junior suite but as we booked late only one superior room was left, The Monaco. This room is on the second floor and directly above the entrance to the hotel facing out onto George Street. As we stayed a Saturday night the street was noisy later on and into the small hours, but it did't stop me from sleeping.
The room had some nice modern equipment: electric blinds, switches that make the bathroom lights go opaque and a nice powerful shower. The room wasn't huge but certainly big enough for the both of us. It was £245 for one night including breakfast, expensive - well it is the centre of the most beautiful city in the world.
We didn't have evening meal here but we did enjoy the breakfast. There are some fantastically comfortable leather chairs at the front of the restaurant by the fire that we could have spent all day in.
We loved it here and will be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and that you experienced a relaxing breakfast in our comfortable "Library Bar" chairs - we do promote a lazy Sunday morning at Le Monde!

Hope to welcome you back again soon.