“First nights of honeymoon”

Le Monde Hotel Edinburgh
Ranked #74 of 148 Hotels in Edinburgh
London, United Kingdom
“First nights of honeymoon”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed here for the first 2 nights of our honeymoon and really enjoyed it as a base for our first couple of days. The rooms are quite funky, which we really liked but make you don't mind a bit of a different room decoration. We enjoyed having the bars downstairs - breakfast was excellent. It is also in a great location for seeing the main sites of Edinburgh. Car parking is a small pain - you need to park in the NCP car park which is a 5 min walk away - however it is a safe car park and reasonably priced to leave overnight. Girls at reception helped my wife out getting the bags down, which was a nice touch especially given none of them could really lift my heavy bags!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed with my hubby in November. It was a special offer to dine and recline. So dinner or £60 spending voucher in restaurant/bar, room and breakfast next morning. Stayed in Cairo the staff had let me decorate it with candles and flowers before and check in. It was soon good words won't do justice to it. The drinks are heaven. The staff are always friendly and there to help. Although the tv in the bathroom don't work, the fogging of glass wall and room telephone don't work and the breakfast was disgusting and burnt but the rest just makes these things look very minor. Seriously you need to stay there if you want a fun/romantic/relaxing time. Perfect location! I'd defo go back and try out other rooms!

Room Tip: Stay in Cairo!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My fiancé booked this hotel as a surprise for an early Valentine's Day gift in January. I had no idea where we were staying and when we arrived at the hotel I thought both the outside and inside of the hotel were beautiful. The staff greeted us and were very friendly, enquiring about our journey and advising us where we could eat dinner that evening. We love eating in Hard Rock Cafes, and were pleased to find it was just next door! The hotel is ideally located to allow easy access to all the best attractions.
We stayed for a total of 3 nights, and enjoyed staying in the Cairo Suite! The suite was spotless, stylish and very romantic. My favourite part of the suite was the bathroom as not only did it have a lovely rainfall shower, but also a giant bath!
The only problem we encountered was noisy music when we were trying to sleep. We weren't sure if it was coming from the nightclub within the hotel or from another room. However, as we found everything else perfect with this hotel, we would not be put off by this and would return (with earplugs) just in case!

Room Tip: The giant bath in the Cairo suite is amazing!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pip-F1
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Really beautiful interior. The cocktails were really good although disappointed they didnt do a french martini. Advise booking a table in advance though especially on weekends.

Staff were very friendly and service was good.

• Stayed February 2013
Irvine, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My fiancee and I stayed at the hotel exactly one year on from when we got engaged
I contacted the hotel to make the arrangements and wasn't disappointed
Excellent service great live music on the night and good dinner service which was kindly thrown in by the booking staff.
We also had the pleasure of talking with the hotel manager who had great enthusiasm regarding the hotels future

Can't recommend this place highly enough fantastic service and rooms

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for my birthday. Cannot fault the room, unique concept and the location is great. Cocktails in the bar are fantastic and we had free entry to the shanghai nightclub as guests of the hotel. This was a birthday treat and I am not sure I would want to pay the price myself if I was to return to Edinburgh. However, if it is in your price bracket it is a brilliant experience.

• Stayed October 2012
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Oh my wordy, what a joyous establishment Le Monde is. You really can do it all under one roof, eat, drink, clubbing & rest.

I can't praise the staff here high enough, they are so smiley & attentive, and an extra special thank you to all the reception staff who went above and beyond for me every time they came into contact with me.

The food at Le Monde already has a high reputation, since two people from London independently told me I should eat here knowing I was visiting Edinburgh. It didn't disappoint, neither did the value for money.

My bedroom was absolutely enormous, a New York loft style affair with a bathroom that was bigger then my sitting room at home.

Breakfast menu was marvellous and may I make special mention of the eggs benedict, I defy anyone to find better, anywhere.

Oh hail Le Monde, I'm a fan, can you tell?! Can't wait to stay again.

• Stayed January 2013