“Great time”

Le Monde Hotel Edinburgh
Ranked #78 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Me and 2 friends just spent the weekend here, must say well and truly happy, first class service!! Staff were second to none, the bars within the hotel were great, got good food too, and Shanghai club below the hotel is worth a look in, entry fee waived if your a guest at the hotel, also entry to VIP section granted.

It was my first time in Edinburgh and i'm happy that i chose this hotel to spend my time in will be back here without a doubt!!

Only slight problem is lack of car parking, I guess this isn't the only hotel with this problem, but bit of a pain all the same.

Room Tip: Had 2 rooms, a Junior suite and a Executive room, both worth the money paid in my opinion.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I have just checked out of Le Monde in Edinburgh having stayed overnight for a business trip. My original plan was to arrive in the evening, drop my luggage off and explore the city. That all changed as soon as I entered. This hotel is amazing, no wonder it has been voted one of the trendiest hotels in the world. Knowing that I was only here for one night I changed my mind and stayed in to enjoy this hotel, the room was generously sized; beds comfortable; the 42 inch TV suspended on the wall made viewing any channel easy.

The location is central and is easy to get to; the staff are polite and courteous; the rooms seem impeccably cool - especially the one i stayed in (Reykjavic). It's a shame that I cannot rate this hotel more than 5 stars, I suspect that I will only be staying here on future trips to Edinburgh.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We arrived early and staff were very accommodating. Parking can be an issue, but we found George St. on-street parking to be adequate (though it can be expensive if your timing is not the best: free from 6:30 p.m. [1830] to 8:30 a.m. [0830], otherwise about L9 for 3 hrs.!). Great location to explore the city from. Many nice restaurants very close by. Room was large and elegant with a comfortable bed and large bath (being watched over by wall-sized photos of fashion models was a little odd, however). Highly recommended for a stay in Edinburgh. Stay was slightly marred by a loud gathering of guests in the hallway outside our room door around 3:00 a.m. (0300), otherwise, a great hotel.

Room Tip: Only there one night, our room ("Milan") was quite satisfactory
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Myself and my boyfriend spent the night in Edinburgh and this was a really gorgeous hotel, located perfectly, away from all the noise of the manic road works going on for the new tram system so we were really pleased about that. The room we stayed in was the Berlin and it had the hugest most comfortable bed ever. Loved the bathroom and heated floors and just the coziness of it all. The staff were really amazing aswell especially one girl called Louise who was so nice and helped us out so much, honestly think she would have taken us on a tour of Edinburgh herself if we had of asked her haha. I wish we could have stayed longer. We both just loved the quirkiness and lay out of the room and it really made the whole trip worth while. Would go back in a heart beat :)

2  Thank RoisinBridget
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed here for the second leg of our honeymoon. We paid £500 for 2 nights dinner bed & breakfast. I think it was a romance package we booked as we had champagne, chocolates etc. When I booked I was told as it was our honeymoon if they could upgrade us they would and what room would we like, we requested Atlantis. When we arrived we were given Paris so I politely mentioned what had been discussed, the receptionist said if we went and had a complimentary drink in the bar she will see what she can do. We sat and had a cocktail in the gorgeous cocktail bar. 20mins later she came back and said we were in Atlantis and our bag had been taken up. The room was lovely its A boutique hotel so has quirky features like the windows seat for you to lie on although the view is just of buildings it's still very nice especially if it's raining outside and your all warm inside. The shower is lovely and Le Occtaine toiletries a lovely touch.
The restaurant is in the bar area but is lovely and the food is outstanding. Dinner was included. It was 3 course and you could choose anything off the menu, it really was lovely just very filling.
Breakfast is done in the same place and you order whatever you want from the menu at anytime you want it. So if like us you'd eaten far too much the night before you can have a stroll round Edinburgh and come back for breakfast at 11.30.
The receptionist were really lovely and deserve to be praised, nothing was too much trouble, if it was raining they'd offer you an umbrella. When you see them they ask how your day was and have a chat. They obviously enjoy their job and it really shows. My only disappointment was The Dirty Martini bar wasn't open but then it was a Tuesday. We asked if we could go up and have a look at it anyway and the staff were more than happy for us to. Perfect location, perfect hotel highly recommend doing DBB. Would love to stay here again.

Room Tip: Atlantis is nice because of fish tank. Probs not suitable for friends as you can see through fish ta...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Gorgous wee hotel overall, and really enjoyed my stay here, however I think it is too expensive for what you get!
We were in a suite, and I had been looking at the various suites online, yet when we were allocated our room, it was Casablanca which wasn't even on their website!!
Few wee niggly things like blinds in the room wouldn't open or close, the breakfast wasn't included (although it was only £10 each and was lovely) and tv in bathroom had no remote to control it!! So you had to watch one station at full blast!
We have stayed in suites at other (cheaper)hotels, and this isn't what I would call a suite! It's much too small! THe hotel is very quirky and it's a great idea having all the rooms based on themes of countries, but I just think for the price of £670 for two nights is a bit steep for what you can get elsewhere!
Extremely lovely and helpful staff, who always were on hand and willing to help out! One girl in particular called Fiona was lovely and would do anything to help!
The bar has a great atmosphere and lovely cocktails!

Thoroughly enjoyed my wee break here, but as for it being in the UK top ten trendiest hotels - nope, I think there has to be better out there x

1  Thank aliciabillie
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed here in August for our first night as a married couple and the hotel lived up to the occasion in every respect. Our room was Los Angeles-a fantastic big suite with very smart decor, a large comfortable bed, seating area and big bathroom with a huge sunken bath with monsoon shower above. The staff were brilliant: welcoming, friendly and efficient and made our stay really special from start to finish. There was some noise from the club down below but this did not cause us any problem. Breakfast in bed was excellent. Overall one of the best hotels we have been in and really pleased to have chosen it for this special occasion.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple