“A fun little place!”
Review of Lola Lo - CLOSED

Lola Lo
More attraction details
Owner description: Fly free into a bounty paradise at Lola Lo, an intimate Tiki bar and club which will transport you to a tropical oasis where the night goes on and on. At Lola Lo, we’ve taken a dazzling array of show stopping cocktails, champagnes and rums and mixed it with an intoxicating blend of credible club classics and contemporary beats, serving it all in a setting that captures the pure essence of care-free South Pacific joie de vivre. From a stunning interior featuring bamboo, hand-carved woods, evocative lighting, a unique dance floor and rustic decor to private booths and effervescent bar tenders, Lola Lo re-creates a uniquely authentic Polynesian vibe to make it Edinburgh’s premium venue of choice for any occasion, whether it’s a hen night or you just want to indulge in some pure partying.
Reviewed December 8, 2014

We went on a busy Saturday night and it was £8 entry but we got in for £5 each as we were given a flyer from their PR team. The place itself is really fun, tiki themed with a good selection of cocktails which at around £8 a go weren't extortionately priced - they were of a good standard and served in really quirky glasses as you would expect. The music was cheesy chart/R&B and there was a small lit up dancefloor through the back. I really enjoyed myself however one thing I would say is that the bar is VERY high up so I was ignored every time I went to get a drink as I am only 5ft 2 but my partner who is 6ft got served instantly every time!! Just a small irritation but I am willing to let that go as I really did rate the place and would definitely be back!

Reviewed December 7, 2014

Extortionate prices, horrible music, worse people. Communal Lynx deodorant in the male bathroom. Need I say more.

2  Thank JimmyClove
Reviewed December 6, 2014 via mobile

A smallish club on Frederick Street. The music is cheesy and the cocktail list is unusual and extensive. It's mainly youngsters but, there were a few oldies in there. I had the turkish delight cocktail which was delicious! I may go back in the future when abit more drunk as it's one of those places?!

Reviewed December 4, 2014

I went to this club in October where a member of staff gave away my leather jacket and scarf from the cloakroom. After 2 months of chasing, the so-called manager has offered me compensation of less than a third of the value of the jacket and scarf (even after they said it would be fully reimbursed and after I had sent a receipt for the goods). Absolutely ridiculous!!!

3  Thank Naomi R
See more reviews
Reviewed October 11, 2014 via mobile

The pictures make this place look nicer than it really is...everything is a bit grubby and sticky. We went on a Friday night and is full of the younger crowd but you wouldn't expect anything else when drinks are £1.50! Music was ok, the dance floor has seen better days and they really need to calm down on the smoke machine...yes I did say smoke machine....It was like being in some odd underground dungeon in the 80s!

1  Thank yapty1