“Visit on 4th January 2013”
Review of CC Blooms

CC Blooms
Ranked #52 of 214 Nightlife in Edinburgh
Horsham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Visit on 4th January 2013”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Must admit that the waiter didn't see us for a minute or two but once seen the service was excellent. So was the food and wine. Great to be in a place that is clean and where when you put your hand on the table it doesn't stick.

Would recommend

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Simon H

edinburgh
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“New look, big improvement.”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Having frequented this venue on many occassions previously, I decided to give it a go seeing as it had been refurbished. I have to say that my review covers three recent visits to the venue.

The overall impression is that the upstairs has been totally transformed and looks very nice, with the seating/booth areas near to the bar. Bar staff on three visits were good and attentive, providing quick service at all times. The DJ is hidden away in a little room. Don't get this at all? Music over the three nights was good, if not a little safe in places. Decent sound system with the obligatory light effects.

Downstairs hasn't been touched at all and is still the same as it always looks.

Doorstaff. I get that its a licenced late night venue and needs decent security, however, one door staff member really needs attention. He was unable to control himself when dealing with an incident at the the door and really let the side down in my book. The rest of the guys seem very comfortable in the their roles. All in all, a good refurb to the venue, which was kind of overdue.

Visited December 2012
3 Thank stene
Edinburgh, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Drink up... NOW!”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

So I went here, and it was alright, until the staff got grumpy as I tried to finish my drink. Apparently they can sell it to you, then take it off you and kick you out. Poor show, people, poor show.

Visited October 2012
6 Thank Olly P
ms30721, Owner at CC Blooms, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
This review is a complete falsehood as well this reviewer knows. This customer never had his drink removed from him and was not kicked out. He decided to leave of his own accord.

It is with no surprise this customer has turned to Tripadvisor to try and harm CC Blooms great reputation after trying to use similar tactics on Facebook where he was barred from the site for abusive comments to members of staff.

After closing time recently, this customer was asked politely to finish his drink in a timely fashion. Customers are often advised that they have until 3.15 to finish their drinks. After such time alcohol will have to be removed from them. This is the law. During this process, this customer took offense to the request and started trying to recite his version of the law. Our door steward left him to his drink, which he nursed, on his own, with no other customers on site, until 3.15 exactly in order to try and intimate our staff. We have no issue with anyone staying until 3.15 to finish their drinks.

To repeat, this customer left of his own accord and finished his drink. No drinks were removed from him.

The next day, this customer wrote a lengthy complaint in open forum on our Facebook site. We offered to investigate the incident but advised that we don't discuss individual incidents in open forum and requested that he private message us. The customer refused to do this and proceeded to put another post on our Facebook page with rude and abusive comments towards individual members of staff.

To be clear, we do not discuss these incidents in open forum as we believe individual members of staff have a right to some privacy. We take complaints very seriously and do investigate, train and discipline where there have been failings. We firmly believe that our employees have the right to work in an environment free from abuse, in person or online.

After a full investigation on CCTV, discussions with door stewards and other members of staff who witnessed the incident, we firmly believe that this customer was dealt with courteously and was offered a fair and proper right of reply. He chose not to take this.

In closing, I would just like to point out that during his lengthy posts of Facebook, he did go into great detail about how brilliant CC Blooms is, how he has been frequenting the venue for 10 years and how great all the staff are.
Dundee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great for food during the day”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Whilst visiting Edinburgh on 6th November 2012, I decided to give this place a try for food and coffee. The food was excellent and was very good value and the coffee was good. The staff were friendly and the manager offered me the code for wi-fi when I took out my laptop (I haven't found wi-fi in any of the other gay venues in Edinburgh). The place is clean and spacious and the background music was good. I would highly recommend visiting CC Blooms and will definitely return.

Visited November 2012
3 Thank Joe L
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“A long holiday weekend in Edinburgh”
Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

This weekend I've visited CC's for the first time after its very beautiful and stylish refurbishment (having known the very dark black CC's!!) and it is fantastic. Saturday night was a great packed crowd. Downstairs the dance floor was full from 1 am. I've just sampled the new menu for lunch (as I head to the railway station) and I can say that is excellent too - two courses for £7 (their per-theatre menu as they call it). Well done - I would strongly recommend it. The interior with its exposed stonework is a particularly good finishing touch.

2 Thank Paul T