“Fun little gem.”
Review of Sandy Bells

Sandy Bells
Ranked #18 of 213 Nightlife in Edinburgh
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I had a great time at Sandy Bells! I did a bit of a pub crawl through the neighborhood with some other solo travelers, and Sandy Bells was a really fun time. The night I was there, there was a bit of a music session which was a lot of fun. The bar was packed with locals and tourists alike, so it had a great vibe.

2  Thank Erin M

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We were lucky enough to be referred to this gem by a friend who lives locally in the city. It is not a tourist site and was an amazing experience. Early in the evening, (7-8 pm) local professionals come here to unwind after work. Get there early to find the best spot. The picture on Tripadvisor shows where the band generally sets up, near the back of the bar. The seats near the band table or the ones across from the bar atop mini bar stools are excellent for a good and protected view. Overall, the music is amazing, the company lively, and the ambience warm. The selection of ales and beers is great. It was an incredible experience and a night to remember.

2  Thank CrestlineMD
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Edinburgh has a reputation for forgetting to stop charging,but eventhough the crowd of regulars who were playing together on this particular sunday afternoon were really good I don'tthink it gives them carte blanche to make a basic pint of Deuchars £3.60! The place itself is a spit and sawdust dive,which I occasionally enjoy,but I think the customers deserve sawdust prices.

1  Thank sunlunlad
Reviewed April 9, 2013

What a lovely surprise. Tiny bar, local musicians, warm and friendly. Very relaxed and enjoyable. It was great to be able to listen to local music in such a surprise venue. Check the times on the door. Weekend afternoons and evenings. Quite a few reasonably priced eateries nearby. Need to be lucky to get a seat but there are a few hiding right at the back which are usually available.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband and I read about Sandy Bell's in Rick Steve's guide to Great Britain 2013. We were looking for a casual spot to hear some great music and have a good beer. Sandy Bells is not elaborately decorated nor is it a place that you will want to go if you are looking for upscale fare and drinks. However, it has a great ambiance to it and it really hits the spot if you are looking for a beer and good music to listen to. We got to the pub around 10pm just in time to hear a group of musicians start to play. I honestly could of hung out here all night long. It was relaxing and my husband and I just sat and read a local paper and knocked back some beers. Great time, highly recommend stopping in after a dinner nearby!