1. Hotel staff were VERY friendly! We walked there from the train station in Edinburgh (DON'T do that if you are carrying a lot of things, there're several buses, #2, 14, 30, 33 and 48 of Lothian Bus for example, that stop less than 100m away from the place!) and lost our way. We called the staff and he gave very clear instruction to us :)
Upon arrival, he offered us tea/coffee FOR FREE as the room was not ready, but it was just because we arrived earlier than the official check-in time. How sweet is that!
2. The room is very spacious and the bed is super comfy <3
3. It feels very much like home there, SERIOUSLY.
4. The breakfast was great!
5. The interior design is wonderful, I took picture practically EVERYWHERE LOL
In short, IT IS HIGHLY HIGHLY recommended, FROM THE BOTTLE OF MY FRIENDS AND MY HEART <3
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Thistle House is a spacious Victorian building close to Edinburgh's major attractions. Ten rooms, each tastefully decorated to ensure a warm and comfortable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Thistle House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thistle House Edinburgh, Scotland