Open today: 11:00 AM - 1:00 AM

Book in advance
from
$169.85
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Whiski Bar & Restaurant
1,169 results
All reviews haggis live music every night royal mile the sticky toffee pudding cranachan scotland
Selected filters
Reviewed August 11, 2019

We loved it. Great ambiance, beer, ale and food. It was one of the nicest pubs we had the pleasure of visiting.

Date of experience: August 2019
3  Thank Sixonthego_50
Reviewed August 10, 2019

Very well organised and run pub. Friendly professional staff.
Menu not too extensive. Good quality food and reasonably priced.
Enjoyed the venison. Cooked perfectly. Both my husband and myself enjoyed it. Our son opted for the pie which he said was delicious.
Excellent locationa.
Great music playing in the background, cannot comment on the live music as we left before it started

2  Thank Fussy
Reviewed August 5, 2019

My wife and I were doing the Royal Mile thing when I decided we needed to find some authentic live Scottish music in a pub setting. That's how we came upon the Whiski. The food and drink was secondary. We snagged prime stools at the front end of the bar and took in the first set of Old Town Sessions. Loved the hell out of their vocals, guitar play and song selection, mostly the traditional stuff. Glad they resisted the urge to please tourists with renditions of worn-out favorites. Meanwhile I developed a nice rapport with the bartender and veered from two glasses of malbec to a 10-year-old scotch that was to my liking. We left there in a euphoric state.

3  Thank Jim M
Reviewed July 31, 2019 via mobile

On a recent visit to Edinburgh had dinner one night at this upscale pub. It was early but the place was rocking. The staff did fine for the conditions and a local brew settled things down. For a starter I had the cullen sink. It was chock full of fish and potatoes and some greens, accompanied by 2 nice slices of bread. The main was a steak and whisky pie. Lage chunks of beef and potatoes with a lovely sauce. Overall a great dinner.

2  Thank Fred S
Reviewed July 29, 2019 via mobile

Ok so I don't like to submit poor reviews.
But I wish I hadnt been
One of the dirtiest toilets I've seen in Edinburgh.
Do check them beforehand and this will help you make up your mind.
A busy busy spot for the tourist.
Over priced and small portions.
Smallest fish n chips I've ever had served at the highest price.

3  Thank Baz7171