1,275 results
All reviewsjacuzzi suiteprivate gardennespresso machinechateaubriandstockbridge areaboutique hotellovely hotelno lifton arrivallisted buildingturn down servicesmall hoteltop floorquiet streetfull scottish breakfastgeorge streetmini bar
Reviewed July 31, 2017 via mobile

We moved here from a guest house and it was like going to a palace! Everything was clean and the staff was extremely helpful. I was initially concerned about staying in the new town but it is so easy to get into old town via cab - we are a family of 6 so cabs are the best deal! I was also concerned that this hotel may not be family friendly but that was not the case at all! They were welcoming to my teenagers and toddler. They even had children's shampoo, conditioner and gel which was perfect for my eczema prone 3 year old. The breakfast and dinner were delicious. I highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
NiraCaledoniaTeam, General Manager at Nira Caledonia, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2017

Dear Guest,

Great to receive and read your comments. We are very fortunate to be located on a wonderful upmarket residential street in the New Town, a leisurely 10-15 minute walk to the city centre. We like to look after our younger guests too and are delighted to be working with Child's Farm, an outstanding range of organic, ethical and gentle bathing accessories. Perfect for getting "mucky pups" squeaky clean!!!

Naturally we'd be delighted to welcome you back in the very near future.

Reviewed July 31, 2017 via mobile

My room was very clean and comfortable. All staff were always friendly and eager to help me out with whatever I needed. The food at the restaurant was excellent. I can recommend the lamb chops. I highly recommend it and I would stay there again.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

The team will be highly delighted to read your comments and have your recognition. We also appreciate your endorsements and look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed July 30, 2017

The hotel is about .7km away from the tourist centre of Edinburgh and thus gives closeness to the tourist trail but enough distance to not be affected by it.
The hotel lobby and dining area is smallish in size and the room I was in was also quite tight for more than 1 person.
I had dinner in the dining room and the steak I had was above average along with a lovely bernaise sauce.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your brief comments. Our hotel is located in a wonderful upmarket residential location close enough but far enough from the bustling city centre, a leisurely 10-15 minute walk.

We would wish to welcome you back sometime soon.

Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is exactly as it states, a lovely, boutique hotel situated in the heart of Edinburgh. The restaurant has a unique menu and I would recommend eating in and trying it for yourself. We ordered the chateaubriand steak to share and it did not disappoint. It was absolutely delicious and very filling. The creme brûlée we had for desert was lovely as well. Could not fault the front of house staff or the restaurant/ kitchen staff. Will definitely be back again.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
NiraCaledoniaTeam, General Manager at Nira Caledonia, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely comments, the team especially our kitchen and restaurant colleagues will be delighted to learn that you had a most enjoyable stay with us. We wish to welcome you back again sometime very soon.

Reviewed July 20, 2017 via mobile

Fabulous from start to finish !

We booked the romantic suite jacuzzi package with breakfast and it was a brilliant night we also had dinner in the restaurant Blackwoods Bar & Grill which was perfect (highly recommend the chateaubriand for 2 ! ) the room was turndown left with rose petals champagne dipped strawberries and candles and the jacuzzi is fab very relaxing (loved the little bath bomb cube) Breakfast arrived at our room the next morning which was also perfect and all fresh as you can get with a good choice from continental to full cooked Scottish breakfast. This was a perfect getaway for the night perfect room on the ground floor with small Garden area, decor is gorgeous ,excellent staff ,quite central location for shops beautiful building with a lot of history and charm.

Thank you for making our night special and at such short notice!

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
NiraCaledoniaTeam, General Manager at Nira Caledonia, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2017

Dear Guest,

Great to receive and read your wonderful feedback, we are all highly pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and had an excellent time.

Most certainly we would be delighted to welcome you back in the not too distant future, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Assuring you of our best attentions at all times,