Nira Caledonia
$327
$171
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $227/night.

$174
$164
$263
$215
$177
$168
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $234/night.

$154
Autograph
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $222/night.

Hotel Ceilidh-Donia(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$143
$128
$243
$192
Waldorf Astoria
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $278/night.

The Scotsman Hotel(Edinburgh)
$307
$215
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $254/night.

$635
Hotels.com
1,237 results
All reviewsjacuzzi suiteprivate gardennespresso machinestockbridge areaboutique hotelchateaubriandlovely hotelno liftlisted buildingturn down serviceon arrivalsmall hoteltop floorquiet streetgeorge streetfull scottish breakfasta wonderful stay
Reviewed April 26, 2014

It's taken a while to find some spare time to write this review but I feel that one definately needed to be written! I stayed at Nira Caledonia with my girlfriend on valentines day this year. From the minute we entered we were treated like royalty. The reception and bar staff were welcoming and polite and we were offered some complimentary drinks as our room wasnt ready when we arrived (which more than made up for the 10 minute wait), the manager even came and chatted to us to see how we were and to give us some information about the hotel which I thought was a really nice touch! The room was incredible and spotlessly clean!!! The MASSIVE jacuzzi at the foot of the bed was amazing! We've stayed in other 5 star hotels but I definately think Nira Caledonia has the classiest look. The restaurant is also definately worth a visit! We had the 7 course valentines tasting menu that was absolutely incredible paired with a matched glass of wine for each course! When we got back to the room after dinner the staff had been in and placed lit candles and rose petals all over the room which completed the night! A really nice touch which obviously went down a treat for the wife! Breakfast was also brilliant with loads of choice! Really cant say enough good things about this hotel, I've paid alot more for a lot less in the past. We will 100% be going back to Nira Caledonia and reccomend it to EVERYONE! Thanks again Nira Caledonia!

Room Tip: Get a "Jacuzzi Room" when you book, they are the business!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
RoryGM, General Manager at Nira Caledonia, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Hey Jamie W
Thanks for this review, and thanks for taking a few moments to post it, I know a lot of our guests use Tripadvisor to choose a hotel but very few actually post. Our 7 course tasting menu really is a hit, we have tweaked it slightly for the summer but it really is a must try. I look forward to welcoming you back to Nira Caledonia.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

This was our second visit to Nira for our first wedding anniversary. Our first visit for our honeymoon back in April 2013 was pretty much faultless. This time things were lovely (and I don't want to detract from what is a lovely hotel) but there were a couple of things that were disappointing this time. Firstly, we had a jacuzzi suite at the front of the hotel which wasn't quite such a nice room as the first but was nevertheless a spacious and well appointed room. This time, however, I thought it odd that for such a highly rated hotel the bed had one sheet and nothing else between us and the mattress. NOT a good sign of cleanliness and hygiene! What happened to a mattress protector at the very least? The bathroom had one or two issues of 'lazy' cleaning and the shower screen had no strip to prevent the water going all over the floor. Lastly, the waiter at breakfast was polite but seemed a little inexperienced and forgot about us on occasion. He then asked if I was happy to keep the same knife and fork for my main after having had fruit to start. Again, it should be normal practice that you're given clean cutlery for each course, never mind in a hotel of this standard.

I should say that on our first visit we had a fabulous jacuzzi suite at the back of the hotel with our own little garden. Beautiful. Staff were polite, breakfast was lovely and the location meant it was quiet and secluded but a short walk away from Edinburgh City Centre. A really relaxing and luxury getaway.

It's important to point out these discrepancies for the benefit of people thinking of visiting but mainly for the hotel management and staff who might otherwise not be aware of these small but nevertheless surprising issues. All in all this is a beautiful hotel and we may wish to return one day but I think it's important that these 'minor' issues are investigated as they bring down what is otherwise a beautiful hotel. As a result I have given 4 stars on this occasion instead of what should be 5. Keep an eye on the details Nira! The little things let you down this time.

Room Tip: Go for a jacuzzi suite at the back, they're much nicer.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mischief77178
RoryGM, General Manager at Nira Caledonia, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Hmmm Mischief77178
I've taken a little time to consider my response to your review. I thought it odd that you claimed to have an amazing visit in 2013 but never reviewed then posted after your second visit. However it seems you had a good stay, with some points to note. All our rooms have mattress toppers and or are "double wrapped" so I'm unsure as to the point you make with regard to cleanliness. It's difficult for me to comment on the shower strip as I cannot ascertain which too you stayed in , as some rooms have Jacuzzi baths with showers over them it is impossible for strip to be fitted . I feel the use of the word "discrepancies " is out with what I would call acceptable , however Tripadvisor disagree , however as always I urge any guest with a suggestion for Management to speak to the hotel directly at the time , rather than post on forums such as this one. I hope that you do visit again and if so I'll look forward to speaking to you in person.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

I can't wait to review it though we are still travelling in UK at the moment.Spent 3 nights in this hotel with my wife.small but a really good hotel,big and unique style guest room with good breakfast,and I'd strongly suggest that try its wonderful restaurant for dinner !

• Stayed: April 2014
RoryGM, General Manager at Nira Caledonia, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Hello MZ1968
Sounds to me like you enjoyed your time with us and that tells me we are doing our job. The team at Nira are all very proud of the hotel and we aim for a guest centric experience that will ensure guests return year after year. I lok forward to welcoming you back to us soon

Reviewed April 24, 2014

We have stayed here twice in the past 6 months, once in December to celebrate my husbands 30th birthday and just this week to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. The location is excellent for both Stockbridge and George Street. We thoroughly enjoyed it both times and will inevitably stay again in the future. I cannot say enough nice things about this hotel and the staff. The restaurant is also amazing but it deserves a review in its own right, but I must mention the delicious breakfasts served here included in the price of the room.

I believe we stayed in room 1008 the first time, this is a beautiful vast suite which we were swiftly moved too after the heating was not working in our first suite. Most recently we stayed in an executive room (606) as I wanted something a little cosier than before. The rooms are beautiful, every room is individual which adds to the charm of the hotel. Only problem with that is I now want to pop my head in all of them to find my favourite for next time. Only a couple of niggling things, 1008 doesn't have a full length mirror or a socket near a mirror to dry your hair-although I'm sure if I had have asked they would have brought me an extension(or a mirror).

Both times we have visited the service from Rory and his team has been second to none, they are extremely welcoming and accommodating adding personal touches here and there along the way. From initial contact with the hotel to the moment you leave, the staff are nothing short of excellent. They will help in any way they can whether it be recommendations of bars and restaurants or directions. The water brought to the room on an evening and the tunnocks teacakes are just a couple of examples of what sets this hotel apart from the rest.

We have stayed in a couple of other 5* hotels in Edinburgh but this is now the only one I will consider. We look forward to our next visit :-)

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello Rabekha
Love your review, thank you so much . It was great seeing you both at dinner on your anniversary and i hope you enjoyed the drinks and turn down we arranged?
It's so nice when guests return and we get to know you , it helps us deliver super service .
I've added a full length mirror to 1008 today, great point , thank you.
Hope to see you both again soon.

Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

Location- was a 5 min walk into the new town. Around the hotel were lots of cafés, restraints & couple of pubs.

Hotel - the hotel was beautiful, we had a jacuzzi suite. There were a room with a sofa & tv, bedroom and separate jacuzzi room. Very big and everything you needed and more!!

Staff- very friendly, they were always there for anything you needed.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank aw1991wyork

Aw1991wyork.
The title of your review says it all really. Sounds to me like you stayed in 1006, it's a great room with a huge Jacuzzi, to be honest all the jacuzzi suites are stunning, my favourite changes weekly.
Sounds to me like you had a great trip and a good stay. Thank you for taking the time to review us, it really makes all the hard work worth it.