Nira Caledonia
$120
$94
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$235
$227
  • Bar/Lounge
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$223
The Place(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$124
$98
  • Restaurant
Cairn Hotel Edinburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$79
  • Bar/Lounge
$52
Agoda.com
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$117
$108
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Edinburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$79
  • Pool
1,215 results
All reviewsjacuzzi suiteprivate gardennespresso machineboutique hotelchateaubriandstockbridge arealovely hotelno liftlisted buildingturn down serviceon arrivalsmall hoteltop floorquiet streetgeorge streetfull scottish breakfasta wonderful stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 5, 2014

My other half and I stayed one night in the Blackwood Suite earlier in the week, and we haven't stopped telling everyone how impressed we were! We were warmly greeted outside the door, even though the weather was poor, and immediately were checked in, offered help with our luggage (which we didn't have much of) and personally shown to our room.
The room is absolutely gorgeous with an attached garden (which, admittedly, it was too wet out to use!), a lovely bed, and a cosy and very comfy sitting room. There was attention to detail in everything, from classic fm playing on the radio as we walked in, to the lovely vintage decoration features. I loved the decoration so much I had to take pictures!
As if the lovely room and friendly staff weren't enough, the breakfast was possibly the most impressive hotel breakfast I have ever encountered. Not only was the selection of jams and marmalades comprehensive (and delicious) but the local Scottish cheeses were so good I had to order some online when I got home! I was also very impressed that the whole of breakfast had clearly been designed with reducing waste in mind - none of those silly little butter sachets and tiny glass jam jars.
The only other thing I'll mention is that, due to the windy, damp weather and the walk from the station, we probably looked quite unintentionally scruffy as we came in, but were never treated like we didn't belong in such a nice place. The staff were lovely and professional at every turn.
We will definitely be staying here again, hopefully in better weather!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Anna F
RoryGM, General Manager at Nira Caledonia, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Hi AnnaF
Your review sounds like the "perfect stay" thank you so much for taking a few moments to post as it really does help a small hotel like ours gain popularity on sites like these. The BlackWood suite is beautiful since it's full refurbishment and it's garden is perfect for a wee glass of wine in the evening or even breakfast ( if it's not raining , which it does most days )
We pride ourselves on a boutique experience and guest centric service and from your review we have archived our goal. Please come and stay again soon, it was a pleasure looking after you.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

My wife and I were treat by our children to a two night stay here for our 50th birthday, we can't speak highly enough about the hotel, but what really makes the difference is the staff. They were all so friendly and helpful, and David who waited on our table both nights, was a star. Would recommend the Nira to anyone. BIG THANKYOU to all of you

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank David Q
RoryGM, General Manager at Nira Caledonia, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

Hello DavidQ
Thank you for such a great review and for name dropping David from the restaurant ( we call him banter pants ) as his chat really is that good. I'll be sure to mention to him that you said he was a star. The team here at Nira are striving to push a guest centric experience and it sounds to me like that's what we achieved on your visit,please come back soon.

Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

We have just arrived home from a fantastic stay at this Nira caledonia.
We were booked into the jacuzzi suite for one relaxing night to celebrate getting married and the impending arrival of our baby.

We were greeted with a welcome prosecco to our room then on returning from our meal we found our room very romantically decorated with candles and rose petals.

The staff were the friendliest I have seen in any hotel and immediately made us feel at home and at ease.
With the beautiful surroundings comes a very non pretentious gem of a hotel.
We will definately be returning for our anniversary.
The food is second to none and as mentioned in previous reviews, breakfast so freshly cooked and very enjoyable.

As this was our last break away for a while I cannot thank the staff more for making it most memorable.

The Maclean's

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Selkie776

Dear Selkie776
You are so right, we are Edinburgh best kept secret. We are truly boutique, with amazing service and as you mentioned great staff. I'm proud of the whole Nira team as trust me it takes a lot of work to make the "magic" happen. I hope all goes well with your new arrival and look forward to meeting your new addition on your next stay,

Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

Took my girlfriend for her 21st. The staff greeted us on arrival and were given free hot drinks while we waited on the room. Taken to our Jacuzzi room and were given complimentary champagne the hotel was amazing with a touch of class throughout. Felt like royalty and the bed was comfy with duckfeather pillows and duvet. Wanted to stay another night and would recommend to anyone! Breakfast was superb. Overall a great stay and would definately return!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DanielM1992

Hello Daniel1992
Really was great to be able to look after you both I your girlfriends 21st. It was nice to meet you both and I'm glad you enjoyed room 1006 . It has the biggest Jacuzzi and is a firm favourite since refurbishment. I hope to welcome you back to Nira Caledonia soon.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Just returned after a 2 night break... It was fantastic. We went for relaxation and tranquility a d that's what we got.

The staff are very professional and charming who helped with anything.
Our room was luxurious 1011, we struggled to get up the bed was so comfortable wanted to take it home with me...! Breakfast was scummy very fresh with use of local foods.
Location was great very easy to get into town but also great to walk into Stockbridge where you will find some great bars resturants shops to visit.

Will be planning a return visit can't wait.
Loved our stay thanks to you all

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lucie S
RoryGM, General Manager at Nira Caledonia, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Well LucieS
What can I say? Our location is stunning and StockBridge is a hidden gem for both bars and restaurants but also it's widely regarded by those in the know as "cool Edinburgh "
Thank for taking the time to post a lovely review , it helps us all know that we are going in the right direction. 1011 is one of our refurbished Jacuzzi Suites and it has a stunning typical Edinburgh view with sash windows and cobbled streets. I bet it was bliss. Please come back soon.