We were gifted a 2 night stay in this hotel and it was a glorious surprise.
It is a listed building and some of the rooms are in the building next door.
Our bags were taken to our room which was a welcome gesture as there is no lift
We were upgraded to a beautiful suite which had an enormous jacuzzi bath in the middle of the room and also a luxurious, separate bathroom
The room was very well appointed with a super-comfy bed, Nespresso machine, digital radio, fridge, safe, huge TV, sofa, hair dryer, fluffy bathrobes and slippers. We appreciated the Tunnocks tea cake and caramel wafer biscuit left on the tea tray each day. Lovely touch.
We dined in the restaurant one night and tasted THE best steak ever (cooked on their Josper grill)
The staff were friendly, helpful but also obtrusive. The perfect combination.
As we were leaving, we met the Manager who took the time to show us another suite and gave us an explanation as to why there weren't more power points in our room (our only complaint). Apparently it's because the hotel is a listed building and planning laws are stringent.
We would love to have stayed longer, but I doubt that this will be our last visit to this hotel. In fact we have already recommended it to friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nira Caledonia is surrounded by the cobbled streets and Georgian elegance of New Town, a short stroll from Princes Street, Nira Caledonia is a central yet peaceful Edinburgh retreat. Amid the plush pelmets, rich textures and original cornices you'll find flat-screen televisions, Nespresso coffee machines, complimentary Wi-Fi and iPod docking stations. You'll find warm, heartfelt service and a cool, quirky style. Each of our sumptuous rooms and suites is unique, with its own opulent character. Many have vast floor-to-ceiling sash windows, others open out onto a private garden and some feature a relaxing Jacuzzi. All have new ultra-comfortable beds and pillows of goose feather and down. As a protected Grade A building we don't have a lift, but our porters are always on hand and we offer 24-hour room service. The cuisine at our restaurant is natural, fresh and often organic, with ingredients farmed, caught, raised or bred in Scotland and with over 25 Scotch whiskey blends and single malts, our bar also focuses on local flavours. With a friendly touch - and a touch of theatre - we welcome independent-minded travellers who prefer to go their own way. Come our way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Nira Caledonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nira Caledonia Hotel Edinburgh
- Number 10 Edinburgh
- Number 10 Hotel Edinburgh
- Number Ten Edinburgh
- Nira Caledonia Edinburgh, Scotland