$129
$260
$232
$125
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $142/night.

$299
$250
$171
$254
$158
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $183/night.

$95
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $143/night.

$501
$400
1,262 results
All reviewsjacuzzi suiteprivate gardennespresso machinestockbridge areaboutique hotellovely hotelchateaubriandno lifton arrivallisted buildingturn down servicesmall hoteltop floorquiet streetgeorge streetfull scottish breakfastmini bar
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We were at the hotel for 4 nights during the fringe festival, and so I’m sure we paid top dollar at over 200€ for a regular size room. The decor is beautiful in a historic building and we didn’t really mind the long flights up to the second floor--but if you have limited mobility, this is not the place for you. The place was definitely elegant design-wise and the staff were very helpful and accommodating; they get 5 stars. However, we had to ask for a room change (from a room with a huge jacuzzi, unfortunately) because we wanted a shower, and the only other room available had a bathroom that, while glitzy looking, was so tiny, we could barely be in there at the same time. Worse, although the shower looked very fancy, there was a space between the shower door and the tub, so whenever you took your shower, water got all over the bathroom floor; we had to resort to stuffing the space with a towel. The room was not that small, as there was a separate space with a couch, and the bed was comfortable but the bedroom area was pretty tight and we also had trouble with the old window sashes, which would were stuck open. Closet and storage space were also not really practical or adequate. There’s definitely potential there for some redesigning of the space that would help make it more functional, not just pretty. We spoke to the staff and understand that there is new management and they are trying to attack some of these issues gradually as they can afford it. And you have to give them credit; they offered us a free breakfast on our last morning to make up for some of the inconvenience. We wish them well in realizing the potential of this place.

Room Tip: Ask about bathroom facilities.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 2travelersboston
James L, General Manager at Nira Caledonia, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Nira Caledonia Edinburgh following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read that my team updated on our on-going plans and upgrades to our rooms, in fact our kitchen and restaurant upgrade has just be completed. I have noted your comments about the shower in your room and I can assure you that this has already been noted.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and at such a time, please do contact me directly so I can personally make your arrangements.

In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do let me know.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

A lovely hotel, close to the centre of Edinburgh. I was upgraded to a Jacuzzi Suite which was beautifully decorated and very comfortable. The shower room is a little on the small side but obviously needed to be to fit in the huge Jacuzzi room. I would return to this hotel

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I booked a suite at Nira Caledonia for my boyfriend's birthday earlier this year, and I must say, I've never stayed in such a beautiful luxurious hotel room! We arrived at the hotel and we were not immediately excited by it's appearance from the outside, but it was very deceiving. We entered the hallway, which was small and cramped although nicely decorated. The reception was literally a desk taking up half of the hallway. Not the best layout but obviously the hotel had to adapt to the existing structure so it didnt bother me. The front desk staff was pleasant enough and efficient, although not very warm or welcoming. We were then shown up the narrow staircase to our suite (I have forgotten the name of it but it is directly infront of you at the top of the first flight of stairs). The room was SPECTACULAR! Absolutely beautiful! Huge room, huge windows, huge extremely comfortable bed, huge tv, confortable couch/seating area, jacuzzi bath with power shower, ipod dock, coffee maker... I could go on, but I don't have all night. Basically, it was perfect, I loved it. The only problem I had with my entire stay was that the suite had heating pipes running through it and at night our room was unbearably hot. We had to use blocks of wood and furniture to prop open the old fashioned sash windows in order to get any sleep. The barman was especially lovely to us, nothing was too much trouble. He even went and got me a jug of milk for a cup of tea because i mentioned i didnt like UHT milk in the room. The breakfast was also fabulous, thoroughly recommend it! Over all, an excellent stay, would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a bit of luxury!

Room Tip: if it's for a special occasion and you're looking for luxury, go for a suite! you won't regret it.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night and when we entered the room we both were wishing we booked two nights.
When we arrived we were told we had been upgraded to a jacuzzi suite free of charge, safe to say I was rather excited.
The staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful, we were greeted by a man called Roman, he was really lovely.
The room itself was beautifully decorated, immaculately clean and the bed was so comfy.
If you have the chance to get a jacuzzi suite I highly recommend it, but don't put a lush bubble bomb in it.... that will get a bit messy.
Would recommend to anyone and would gladly go back again!

Room Tip: Try and get one on the top floors, the views over the city can be beautiful.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your very kind and positive review of our boutique hotel in Edinburgh, Nira Caledonia.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyable stay with us and that you liked the upgrade that we provided. I was also delighted to read your comments about Roman and I have shared these with my team. THANK YOU!!!!

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future and at such a time, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Having read the preceeding reviews there is not much I can add. We chose this hotel to get away from the bustle of center city and weren't disappointed and wanted something small to celebrate our anniversary. We ate neither breakfast or dinner at the hotel, opting instead to try several of the local shops on the main thorougfare a short walk away. We had one of the rear rooms overlooking the garden and while the quarters were tight, given there was a double bed, clothes cabinet, and sofa in the room, we managed. I was amazed by the bathroom. Built into what may have been a closet, it was all stainless steel, with the shower taking up one end, the sink and toilet the other. The shower offered three options, a regular overhead shower, 6 adjustable jets from sholders down and a shower wand. Once the temperature was adjusted, any or all of the options could be used, with very little loss of pressure. The only problem was that the sink was so close to the toilet, it was hard to find room for your legs.

The staff was more than helpful whenever a question arose and provided me with information to deal with the booking agent when I made a change in the arrival date the booking agent had difficulty processing. A big plus is while withing walking distance of the center, it is on three bus lines, two heading eastish and one westish from downtown.

We certainly would consider it again if our plans brought us back to Edinburgh.

Room Tip: Rooms to the rear are quieter, single rooms can be tight
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JHAllen
James L, General Manager at Nira Caledonia, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your very kind and positive review of our boutique hotel in Edinburgh.

Your comments have been passed onto all the team and we are all delighted you had such an enjoyable stay with us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Nira Caledonia in the near future.