I spent a lot of time researching hotels for a special trip to celebrate my 30th birthday. I settled on the Nira Caledonia but as it was quite pricey only booked a petite double.
There were some minor issues on the first night, which were annoying, and would have caused me to write quite a negative review. However I did the thing that most hotel owners on TripAdvisor ask guests to do - to let them know of issues at the time, rather than by leaving a bad review. I am so glad I did - because the managers went above and beyond by fixing these small things and turned an average trip to a fantastic one. Erwin and James were amazing and made it all better!
We loved the location - it was less than 10 mins to walk to Princes Street, and Stockbridge is a lovely area (go to Bell's Diner for burgers!). I think the rooms are probably all quite different as they are spread over 2 Georgian townhouses. There was a loud snorer in the next room but not much anyone can do about that!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nira Caledonia is surrounded by the cobbled streets and Georgian elegance of New Town, a short stroll from Princes Street, Nira Caledonia is a central yet peaceful Edinburgh retreat. Amid the plush pelmets, rich textures and original cornices you'll find flat-screen televisions, Nespresso coffee machines, complimentary Wi-Fi and iPod docking stations. You'll find warm, heartfelt service and a cool, quirky style. Each of our sumptuous rooms and suites is unique, with its own opulent character. Many have vast floor-to-ceiling sash windows, others open out onto a private garden and some feature a relaxing Jacuzzi. All have new ultra-comfortable beds and pillows of goose feather and down. As a protected Grade A building we don't have a lift, but our porters are always on hand and we offer 24-hour room service. The cuisine at our restaurant is natural, fresh and often organic, with ingredients farmed, caught, raised or bred in Scotland and with over 25 Scotch whiskey blends and single malts, our bar also focuses on local flavours. With a friendly touch - and a touch of theatre - we welcome independent-minded travellers who prefer to go their own way. Come our way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Nira Caledonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nira Caledonia Hotel Edinburgh
- Number 10 Edinburgh
- Number 10 Hotel Edinburgh
- Number Ten Edinburgh
- Nira Caledonia Edinburgh, Scotland