I don’t normally feel compelled to write reviews after short stays at hotels but felt this hotel deserved the effort! The hotel is in a beautiful part of Edinburgh; stunning architecture, peaceful with a selection of fantastic bars and restaurants close by. The hotel itself doesn’t disappoint, we were greeted by a very friendly receptionist and although we arrived early, we only had to wait a short while before being shown to our room. It was our anniversary and as such we had been upgraded to a bigger room. Some other reviews have faulted the stairs but for us, this only added character to the building and our room was well worth the wait!
Our room was breathtaking; by far the best we’ve ever stayed in. Set in the eaves of the house at the very top, the room had a very cosy feel without being claustrophobic. The bed was huge and so comfy! We also had a large sofa and the biggest TV you have ever seen! The Jacuzzi bath easily fit two people in, we were thrilled! The Nespresso machine and Ipod docking station were a nice touch , a spot of luxury!
I am asthmatic and didn’t realise the duvet was duck down and despite it being midnight, the staff were extremely friendly and found a synthetic duvet and pillows in no time despite the hotel being fully booked. On our second night we were unexpectedly brought a complementary bottle of wine to our room which was a lovely touch. Fresh bottled water and towels daily really added to the experience. I cannot recommend this hotel enough, I just can’t wait to get back there again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nira Caledonia is surrounded by the cobbled streets and Georgian elegance of New Town, a short stroll from Princes Street, Nira Caledonia is a central yet peaceful Edinburgh retreat. Amid the plush pelmets, rich textures and original cornices you'll find flat-screen televisions, Nespresso coffee machines, complimentary Wi-Fi and iPod docking stations. You'll find warm, heartfelt service and a cool, quirky style. Each of our sumptuous rooms and suites is unique, with its own opulent character. Many have vast floor-to-ceiling sash windows, others open out onto a private garden and some feature a relaxing Jacuzzi. All have new ultra-comfortable beds and pillows of goose feather and down. As a protected Grade A building we don't have a lift, but our porters are always on hand and we offer 24-hour room service. The cuisine at our restaurant is natural, fresh and often organic, with ingredients farmed, caught, raised or bred in Scotland and with over 25 Scotch whiskey blends and single malts, our bar also focuses on local flavours. With a friendly touch - and a touch of theatre - we welcome independent-minded travellers who prefer to go their own way. Come our way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Priceline, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Nira Caledonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nira Caledonia Hotel Edinburgh
- Number 10 Edinburgh
- Number 10 Hotel Edinburgh
- Number Ten Edinburgh
- Nira Caledonia Edinburgh, Scotland