Stayed for 2 nights during the Fringe, got a cracking deal on price and got a massive family room right at the front to go with it. Do be aware of the advanced purchase rate when we booked on LateRooms.
Room: The room was furnished beautifully with a very much old fashioned look, (looking very closely there was some wear an tear on where people have abused it) The bed was massive and quite comfortable with some spare pillows hidden away in the cupboard, got a good dressing table with plenty of mirrors to be able to beautify ourselves.
The people who worked there were very friendly upon arrival we were greeted by what we assume is the manager of the hotel and was prepared with everything we need to get started in the room. He even kept our bags locked up securely after we checked out so we could explore more of the city and the zoo.
The Location of the Hotel is perfect right on the main road that connects to the train station, this is a long walk especially with bags but a good way to start looking around the city since the road is completely straight, a bus stop right outside the hotel was handy as well using the 31 lothian bus service we could pretty much quickly cart ourselves too and from the hotel.
The hotel being next to the road we did get some road and people noise but this didn't really bother us at all but this could be an issue with some other.
Would and probably will stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ben Craig Guest House provides you with the best of Bed and Breakfast in the heart of Scotland's capital city, Edinburgh. We deliver only the highest standards and warmest welcome to all of our customers, making them feel at home in our Victorian building which is fully fitted with original period décor and quality soft furnishings.Our convenient position in the south side of the city means that you are within reasonable walking distance of many of Edinburgh's top tourist attractions, including the historic Old Town, the Scottish Parliament Buildings, Holyrood Palace, various galleries and Edinburgh Castle. Ben Craig Guest House also offers you secure car parking at the front and rear of the house, free on street parking, and the easy option of public transport, allowing you to leave your car and enjoy a stress free day in the capital. You will also benefit from the extensive variety of restaurants, shops and bars situated nearby ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Ben Craig House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ben Craig House Hotel Edinburgh
- Ben Craig House Edinburgh, Scotland