“The perfect b&b!”
Review of Ard-na-said

Ard-na-said
Ranked #14 of 393 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I can't recommend this place highly enough. It's located in a neighborhood outside of the downtown area, which is actually nice to be in a more quiet, quaint neighborhood. It is less than a minute walk from the bus station to get to/from downtown, which is very convenient.

The rooms are clean, comfortable, and quiet. I had my own spacious bathroom and a little patio to look out on. I felt like I was in a close friend's house. You can choose which breakfast you want each morning, and the food was DELICIOUS! I only paid 45 pounds/night for my single room, which is really affordable.

Jim and Olive knew I was traveling alone, so they were extra sweet and helpful. They packed me a sack lunch the morning I left since my flight was at 6am.

I would highly recommend staying here, especially if you are looking for a warm, comforting, nice place that feels like a friend's home.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed April 5, 2013

This B&B was so lovely! The room was clean and modern! The food was great! The owners were very hospitable and even had a list of restaurants that were near by, that they tried and enjoyed. It was very helpful when looking for a good restaurant is an unfamiliar city. I would recommend this B&B to any of my friends.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AbbyB397
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is a lovely B&B located off Dalkeith Rd. in a wonderful older home with high ceilings and period artwork on the walls. Hosts Jim and Olive are very helpful in providing information about Edinburgh. Our room was a large one with a comfortable bed and a large bath (shower) . The breakfast was delicious and even conducive to vegetarians. One needs to take a bus to town but that was easy to get the hang of after one trip ; we did take a taxi to the airport. There are a number of very good restaurants in the area which we frequented for dinner. I highly recommend this B&B .

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We spent three days at Ard-Na-Said. This was our first Bed & Breakfast experience and it was an exceptionally good one. The hosts, Jim and Olive, were very accomodating and excellent sources of information and assistance. We stayed in the Burns room while our traveling companions stayed in the Wallace room. These are large, well-furnished rooms with modern bathrooms. Excellent breakfasts are provided with considerable selection. The B&B is close to a bus stop with frequent service into downtown Edinborough (10 min away).

Room Tip: The other rooms may be a little smaller, but we did not see them. Rooms are very quiet; did not hea...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We spent two nights in the Wallace room which is huge and beautiful. The in-room tea/hot chocolate service and cookies was a nice touch. The room was very quiet and dark. Our only complaint was that the bed wasn't very comfortable. The four-poster was so grand and beautiful I was very surprised that the mattress wasn't comfortable to match. I realize that everyone's tastes in mattresses are different and it's hard to please everyone- but I'm the type of person that can sleep on just about anything, so if I notice it, it's a big deal. The Wi-Fi was fast and reliable. The location isn't super close to the main part of town, but it's only a short walk to the bus and we had no issues navigating the bus system - it gets you to attractions very quickly. Breakfast was wonderful - Smoked salmon and eggs was so yummy! And having a private car park was a bonus. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Booked here as no room in my usual place which is very good. The room was very well equipped and comfortable. Often a single room may be a bit cramped but this was a normal double. The breakfasts were delicious and I will certainly visit again. The one problem I had was very quickly and efficiently dealt with. Happy to recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Ard Na Said for three nights over the Hogmanay New year's celebration. Jim and Olive were extremely inviting and warm. They took very good care of us. We loved the beautiful room with it's high ceilings and large windows. We stayed in the Burns suite. The bed was extremely comfortable, best bed in all of the UK! The B/B is super easy to get to by bus or taxi. Great location, and very quiet! We loved exploring the area and local cuisine! We will definitely be back! We highly recommend the Ard Na Said to anyone traveling to Edinburgh. Cannot say enough about this place!

Room Tip: The Burns suite is extremely comfortable. It's on the front side of the house, but it's extr...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple