“Gem of a place in the heart of Edinburgh”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Twenty

Hotel Twenty
Ranked #146 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Perthshire
“Gem of a place in the heart of Edinburgh”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I stayed at Hotel Twenty for one night last week. The hotel is situated around a couple of minutes walk from the Edinburgh Playhouse at the end of Princess Street and is easy to find. I can't comment on the parking as I was on foot.

When I walked in, the place smelled really clean and fresh. Always a good start! I had an early check-in which went smoothly and the owner John greeted me, introduced himself and shook my hand (which I thought was a nice touch). He said to ask if I needed anything and to enjoy my stay. He also explained that the hotel is being gradually renovated over time.
My room (room 1) was freshly decorated in a funky contemporary red/black and white colour scheme and of a fine size. It had a single bed, a large wardrobe with plenty of hanging space, a chest of drawers, a good sized digital TV (with working remote!) and a complimentary tray with tea and coffee. There was fresh towels, little soaps and some tubes of body wash.
The room was very clean, as was the en-suite shower room.
I was surprised to read that some of the other reviews found the room cold. I came back to the room at 9pm and it was lovely and warm, despite being very cold outside.
I checked out in the morning and chatted with one of the other staff and found him very friendly  and efficient too.
I can't comment on the breakfasts as I didn't have breakfast at the hotel.

A couple of small points to note is that room 1 is located at the front of the hotel and is level with the road. If you are a very light sleeper then the road noise may annoy you slightly, but I found it no trouble. Also, the room is above a pad Thai restaurant and the cooking smells were making me hungry!

I would definitely stay here again, and recommend this hotel to other travellers. I thought that the location and price was excellent for the city of Edinburgh. Also, it was very clean and the owner and his staff were very friendly, efficient and welcoming.

1 Thank Miss G
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review and taking your time out to do this. It was a pleasure haveing you at Hotel Twenty and we look forward to hopefully seeing you again and hopefully next time you visit we would have completed some more of the upgrading.

John Kelly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Harrogate
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I stopped here for 1 night in late march 2014,this hotel is warm and welcoming,clean with pleasant decor and a really good price for central edinburgh,with views overlooking carlton hill.
There are many shops,bars,restaurants,cinema and a theatre nearby.

Room Tip: booking.com

Aviemore
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

I stayed there for six days and it was exelente! Even if I was not lucky to have a new room wich I wasn't even bothered because I only used the room to sleep.
My room was tidy and clean! Eddie and John was exelente to me and my partner they helped us with any issue that I could have! The only thing that I did wrong was to go to the Thai pad on the last day because I coudnt go back again, it was delicious the staff was friendly!
Thank you for doing the extra mile for us!
Leonardo and Rubina
See you soon

Stayed March 2014

Wokingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I stayed one night in this hotel and I had a very nice experience. The room was nice, clean and very comfortable. Very good standard and excellent value for money. Staff is nice and very professional. The location is perfect to reach most of Edinburgh attractions - everything is at walking distance. Plus: there is an excellent Thai restaurant in the same building!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
John K, Manager at Hotel Twenty, responded to this review, March 27, 2014

Morpeth, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 24, 2014

City centre location close to Princes Street and railway station, clean room with en-suite shower room, television and electric kettle, clean linen on bed but mattress a tad soft, basic breakfast - all for £23.

John K, Manager at Hotel Twenty, responded to this review, March 25, 2014

Paris, France
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

very good hotel and the manager is very kind. good price. highly recommended! central location very close to the very heart of the town. clean rooms. i stayed only one night but wish I had stayed more !!! free wifi and free luggage storage

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
John K, Manager at Hotel Twenty, responded to this review, March 22, 2014

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Only stayed one night but was delighted with everything. The owners were great, friendly and helpfull. The location was perfect for a longer stay. The hotel was spotless. Free Wi Fi everywhere and the Thai restaurant downstairs was excellent. But best of all it was incredibly inexpensive, especially for central Edinburgh
Jack and Leigh Currie, Macduff.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 4. Ground floor and at back so quiet
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple