“Loved it”
Review of Hotel Twenty

Hotel Twenty
Ranked #145 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Really fab night, firstly they offered us a beautiful wee room infront of reception as the hotel was full, was really modern although we could hear everything and im sure people could here us but this was no issue atall, we overslept in the morning when we were due to be out but the receptionist insisted no extra charge which was very kind of him. The staff were all equally as nice and we will defo be booking again next time we come to edinburgh for a night. 5*

• Stayed: January 2014
4  Thank Leannexfx
John K, Manager at Hotel Twenty, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback . It was a pleasure having you stay at Hotel Twenty and we will look forward to seeing you again

There are newer reviews for Hotel Twenty

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Decent hotels at a reasonable price are hard to find in Edinburgh, so I was very pleased to discover Hotel Twenty. The managers admitted that they were new to the hotel business and were very keen to get feedback. They were very good, attentive hosts and deserve to do really well. But I guess when they get the four star rating they're aiming for - and I'm sure they will - the room prices will creep up. Oh and I'd have given five stars if there had been the opportunity to get a cooked breakfast!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Lesley T
John K, Manager at Hotel Twenty, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Dear Guest ,

Thank you very much for taking your time to give us your feedback. As you are aware we only just took over the hotel and are really trying to achieve a 4* standard hotel eventually. We take all comments in to consideration . I will look forward to see you stay here again at Hotel Twenty.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Last October I stayed 2 nights at this Hotel. John (Manager) and Eddie (Deputy Manager) are great. They make you feel really welcomed to this Hotel. The room was clean, bright and comfortable. I recommend Hotel Tweenty.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed December 22, 2013

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at Hotel Twenty as part of a three month European holiday. We arrived and were greeted by Eddie, the assistant manager who was so helpful. He pointed out on a map where we were in relation to new town, old town and the main sights of Edinburgh and where the Sunday market farmers market was. During our stay, Eddie continued to be amazingly helpful, booking us a table at the Thai restaurant which is inside the hotel building, booking us a taxi and providing us with a breakfast pack as we were leaving early morning, before breakfast hours. The hotel also offers a laundry service for guests staying two or more nights and Eddie also took care of this for us. The room itself was located a floor below street level and was quite large, with tea and coffee making facilities, a tv, heaps of storage and a small but clean bathroom. This room is located near the Thai restaurant, however it was quiet between the hours of 11 till 8 when breakfast begins and we had no major issues with noise. The hotel is a fifteen minutes lesuirely walk from the city centre and with staff like Eddie you will definately enjoy your stay here!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 22, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for one night and recieved a very warm welcome by the manager and given a tour before we were taken to our room.
The room was comfortable and clean the only thing I can say is that the trafic noise was too much for me as I come from the country so it took me a long time to get to sleep.
Continental breakfast included was fine and staff were very helpful and friendly.
The Manager was informed of my problem with the trafic noise the next morning and i was informed they are upgrading the rooms one at a time this will include secondary glazeing.
I would use this hotel again as they were very friendly and value for my money. Thank you for your hospitality.

Room Tip: I think next time I would ask for a back room which would be quieter
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 20, 2013

My partner and I went there for a birthday break this week as it was a cheap deal and an alternative to the soul-less travel lodge type experience.

We were met at the door by John the super friendly manager who shook our hands and gave us a tour of the facilities before we went to our room.

The room was clean, freshly decorated, comfortable and warm. The WC facilities, although small were in perfect condition and well stocked with soap, shampoo and conditioner.

Breakfast the next day was a nice laid back vibe and didn't feel at all like we were unwelcome despite us still being there after the end of breakfast time. At the time of writing this there's a Thai restaurant (Thai-pad) which operates from the hotel although we never had time to check it out.

To conclude, there's nothing bad to say about this place: they're a new company and are doing a very good job so far. I'm already looking forward to going back. Thoroughly recommended!

• Stayed: December 2013

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Booked this hotel well in advance for one night. Informed the hotel that check in was to be after midnight and the hotel manager informed us that "We have no issues with late arrivals". However after more than 30 minutes ringing the bell, phoning on the supplied telephone number, knocking and banging on the door we had no other choice other than try to find another hotel in the pouring rain. In fact we did not manage to find a hotel and had to spend all the night outside soaking wet. To add insult to injury the hotel manager tried all in his powers to take our money even if we did not make use of the hotel due to his negligence. BEWARE

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Borgs013
John K, Manager at Hotel Twenty, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Are you sure you have the correct Hotel. We have a late check in time of 10 pm unless stated by the guest. We are very sorry that you did not have a pleasant time in Edinburgh. As a Manager i have a legal obligation of having a 24 hour reception due to health and safety. Another obligation for Health and safety reasons is that i ask all staff members to close the front door after 10 pm due to security reasons for guest and staff. I have a door bell on our front door which echoes through the hotel if rung. I pay all staff hourly whilst working at the hotel and all staff are expected to work during these hours. I also have on our front door my telephone number and my assistant manager s number in case of emergencies , such as if guests lose there keys or in case of very late check ins stated by guests arriving.