“Perfect”
Review of Aaron Glen

Aaron Glen
Ranked #29 of 395 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 30, 2010

This guest house is about 20 minutes outside Edinburgh but an easy drive in or bus journey. Very quiet and with some lovely walks easily accessible. The rooms are beautifully appointed and spotlessly clean, and the breakfasts were delicious. There was plenty of choice and all were cooked to perfection. Carolyn is an excellent hostess who immediately makes you feel at home and the number of repeat guests bears testimony to this. It also represents excellent value. I would highly recommend it.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed September 27, 2010

Friends recommended we stay at this guesthouse following their stay in the spring(and a quick look at the fab phots on their website) we booked a 4 night stay with Carolyn and Les.
Nothing was too much trouble here- from the offer of fresh milk for the tea-making facilities in our fabulous room upon on our arrival to the various,delicious choices at breakfast setting us up amply for a day exploring Edinburgh.
Scottish hospitality at its best-Lovely experience -thankyou!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2010

This is a B&B
We had a very warm welcome from Carolyn and shown our room and facilities.
Carolyn is a very friendly host who does try to help and does love Edinburgh.
We were told of the nearst bus route which is very handy to travel into Edinburgh and how to find Ryslon Chapel, which was only a short drive from the B&B.

Our room was not as good as we thought it would have been with uneaven floors, not a lot of room and a lot of road noise from the traffic made it hard to sleep some nights.

I liked the breakfast meal and the service from the lady that cooked the meals was great. You would not get better anywhere.
My dislike was that It was not very handy if you wanted to have dinner nearby. It was quite a drive to the nearest hotel or restaurant.
Overall it was a pleasent stay and Carolyn did try hard to please and her staff are very friendly.
I would recommend that people staying here should find a nice place for dinner before returning back to the B&B.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2010

I stayed here two nights before my wedding as it was close to the venue. Firstly the rooms are amazing, lovely and comfortable with great bathrooms similar to that of a plush hotel.

On the first night I stayed here with my wife. When we arrived we were made to feel more welcome than anywhere I have ever stayed. I had had a problem with suit hire for my wedding (Moss Bross cocked them right up and tried to palm me off with dodgy waistcoats) I asked Carolyn If I could use the iron to iron my shirts for the wedding. When I took them out of the packaging in true Moss Bros style they were covered in dirt. As I had just driven 350miles for my wedding I wasn't really in a position to nip back to the shop and change them. Carolyn proceeded to try and get the stains out for me when that failed she put them through the washing machine. I hung them to dry and when I went back for them they had been immaculately ironed and the collars were starched! Where else in the world would anyone do that for you?

This place runs on trust in that you help yourself at the bar and write down what you've had and settle at the end. The bar prices are the cheapest in the world and the whole place has a lovely relaxing ambience.

The thing that really makes this place special is Les and Carolyn. When you turn up here you meet two of the nicest people on Earth who will bend over backwards to help you. I was in such a panic about my whole wedding suit fiasco and being here really helped. I have never felt so welcome anywhere and I can safely say that staying here is going to be one of my fond memories from my wedding and that's quite an acolade if you consider how amazing the memories of what was to follow would be for me.

One thing I have to mention is that when you stay in a hotel you normally get a tea tray which, if your lucky will normally have some tesco value biscuits on it. At the Aaron Glen they give you Kit Kats! might only seem like a small thing but it's little touches like this that make it unique.

The breakfasts here are fantastic and the service is excellent. I managed a full Scottish breakfast on the morning of my wedding and anyone reading this who has been a groom before will know how nervous you feel that morning and how eating is not even on the agenda. This clearly highlights how good their food is.

Everyone that worked here was chatty and freindly even the cleaner came to wish me good luck and check I was ok. I really felt like they genuinely cared here.

I would definately stay here again. So if you are in the area take my advice stay here and if you need suit hire don't go to Moss Bros!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2010

Before I begin - let me advise you this is a B&B- not a hotel therefore I wasn't really expecting to find a gym or handy conference centre - I would have turned round and gone home if there had been!! This is the second time we have stayed with Carolyn and her welcome is always genuine. Her staff are loyal and keep everything up to a very high standard - breakfast is just amazing - rooms are spotless and comfortable, the whole place just says relax. The linen is crisp, towels are plentiful, coffee, tea, biscuits, 2 types of bottled water.... and so it goes on. And she is a mine of information and enthusiasm for Edinburgh - we cam by car but she even kas the bus timetables down for reference. I have stayed in other places in and around Edinburgh - in fact I used to live there - and this is a gem...... I shouldn't really be telling you this .... I might not be able to get booked in next time!!
Chris & Mike from Northumberland

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2010

Anyone wishing to set up a quality B&B should check out Aaron Glen.
Stylishly decorated and run by Carolyn who is extremely friendly and personable. We were shown to our room in the block behind the main house. Large clean room with the most comfortable mattresses. Not only did I sleep well, I did not want to get out of bed in the morning. The shower was equally spacious - I did not keep knocking my elbows against the walls. Breakfast: Huge choice of menu. And if it is not there, Carolyn is happy to oblige. Nothing is too much for her and it is all done with care. We were there for the Edinburgh festival and didn't want to drive in so left the car and took buses which was easy and convenient. I recommend Aaron Glen highly.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 29, 2010

We loved our time at Aaron Glen. Carolyn, Les and her family were very friendly and helpful, the breakfast was excellent. Location was perfect an easy bus trip to Edinburgh but was nice to be slightly out of the busy city and we found it very easy to get around in our rental car. The quality of accommodation was excellent. As you can see we enjoyed our stay at Aaron Glen and very happy to recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family