Adria House
  • Room Service
$653
$509
  • Restaurant
All reviewsroyal terracecalton hillroyal milehigh ceilingsgeorgian styleprivate bathroomcobbled streetgarden viewwithin walking distancelovely hoststop floorshort walkbreakfast was deliciousedinburgh playhouseholyrood palacetrain stationvisit edinburgh
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We were staying at Adria House one night in July 2013. We Really enjoyed the room, cleanliness, beautiful design and mostly the wonderful service. in addition, The location is very good and very close to the city sites. We Recommend this hotel for anyone who plans to visit in Edinburgh!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank SarahSchwartz
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The Adria guesthouse is beautiful, spotlessly clean and very comfortable. The hosts [Eddie & Maria] made us feel very welcome and relaxed. Nothing was too much trouble for they were very friendly and professional. The spacious room included coffee/tea making facilities. An iron & ironing board were available to use. Complimentary wireless internet access is provided. The room had a modern T.V., any amount of hot & cold water, plenty of plug sockets, mirrors etc.…. everything you would need to make your stay pleasant. And most important [after a day walking around Edinburgh] - - -The bed was very comfortable!! There is a large lounge for guests, with T.V., books and comfortable seating. The breakfast was delicious with a huge choice of hot or cold breakfast items. Adria House is well within walking distance of the city, or two minutes from bus stops, with regular buses offering unlimited travel all-day passes for £3.50 [August 2013]. We found Royal Terrace to be a lovely peaceful, quiet area of Edinburgh but close enough to the city lights when required. Finally yet importantly, Adria house is adjacent to the Carlton Hill area of Edinburgh, which offers the most magnificent views of Edinburgh and the Firth of Forth.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Janet O
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Adria House is a fantastic B&B. The rooms are large, clean and is only 10 minute walk from Princes Street. Eddie and Maria are friendly, hardworking and make you feel that nothing is too much trouble. We arrived too early too check into our room but were able to leave our cases and were asked if we wanted to rest in the guest lounge. This is my second stay and I will continue to stay there whenever I visit Edinburgh. Everything is perfect and there is nothing anyone could find to fault in this establishment! The location means you don't have to endure the hen and stag do's carousing up princes street and there are loads of pubs and restaurants within a 2 minute walk. Handy for the train station and all central activities.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MJRn
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Absolutely beautifully kept Georgian home. Exceptionally clean and comfortable, wonderful made to order breakfast, great value and not the slightest thing to complain about. Eddie and Maria were wonderful and welcoming hosts. Knowing nothing about Edinburgh or the tours of the Highlands, Eddie recommended touring companies, described the various tours, and explained the layout of the city and even the public bus system. This was very helpful as we went to Roslyn Chapel just outside of the city. We stayed three night and four days. I must mention the fourth day since after checking out, they held our luggage for us and upon returning to retrieve the luggage had some refreshments for us in the late afternoon before we caught our train back to England. We cannot thank Eddie and Maria and staff enough for a wonderful stay. They are wonderful to talk with, so welcoming, helpful and kind. We would not have seen half of what we saw had it not been for their helpfulness. When we return someday to Edinburgh, we will certainly stay at Adria House again.
Now if anyone disliked the cobblestones and hills near the House, then they should not be in Edinburgh. Everywhere we walked was cobblestone and hills. Edinburgh is such a wonderful city, it is well the worth the walking and hills. Do not miss Colton Hill right behind the House; its a steep walk but the views are incredible. Only Arthur's seat would have been better. Great exercise after eating such a wonderful breakfast! Eddie and Maria, thanks so much again for your hospitality.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor facing the street. Large room with large sitting area. Still very quiet. Only noise was the cars on the cobblestone street. Room was bright but then again in June in Scotland, it was just getting dark at 11pm and it was dawn by 4am.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steve_Ship
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Adria House for four nights for our 5th wedding anniversary. We are SO thankful that we chose Adria House for many reasons, but especially because of an unfortunate event that occurred. I sprained my ankle (don't wear heels on cobblestones!) and Eddie and Maria did everything in their power to make me as comfortable as possible! They brought ice, called around to get a discounted rate on rented crutches, recommended pharmacies where I could get a brace, called for cabs, returned the rented crutches to the store for us, etc. etc. etc. Their kind, sympathetic treatment made me feel like I was staying with a family member or friend. When the injury first occurred, my husband and I considered ending our vacation early and flying back to the States. Thanks to Eddie and Maria, not only was I comfortable, but my husband and I were able to enjoy our last 2 days in Europe. I felt like I was a high maintenance guest, but if Eddie and Maria minded, they didn't show it at all. They seem to have a 6th sense and always appeared in the lobby when we needed them. We had to be out and about early our last two mornings, and each day they packed us a wonderful breakfast to go that we simply picked up on our way out the door. Breakfast was delicious. The house is GORGEOUS and the gardens out back are breathtaking. Our room was beautiful, clean, and spacious with a fantastic view of the gardens. The location of this B&B was ideal, even with a sprained ankle! Despite my injury, it was a perfect vacation and I thoroughly thank Eddie and Maria for their kind hospitality. We would go back in a heartbeat. Don't look anywhere else in Edinburgh - stay here!!!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple