My boyfriend & I satyed at this hotel for one night ahead of a wedding outside the city. I was confident we'd found a nice place as there were so many good reviews. However our room was ok but the bathroom was pretty shabby and built a bit oddly into the room with just a unsteady sliding door. There were also areas of it which obviously hadn't been cleaned properly.
We'd been up very early on the day of arrival so took a nap before going out for dinner. But we were rudely awoken by a screaming mother & child who I soon realised was the mangeress. This was then followed by an angry male voice. We could hear almost every word of the argument as it was being had by the martied owners in their private room next door to us (with theIr door open). Not only was there arguing but also a lot of swearing. We felt uncomfortable about leaving our room and like unwelcome guests in someone's home, not paying guests at a hotel. When we did leave the room, their son was running around the lobby moving fire extinguishers, one of which was still outside our bedroom door when we came home at midnight.
In addition I wasnt't very impressed by breakast either or the very dusty sugar bowls on the table.
We paid £90 for this room, which seems the going rate for Edinburgh B&Bs but I have paid less and had much better rooms and food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No smoking, homely guest house on 3rd and 4th floor of a grade A listed building, very central location, clean and comfortable with a highly recommended breakfast to suite all appetites. Small pets welcome on agreement, very helpful staff. We aim to please. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Elder York Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elder York Guest House Hotel Edinburgh
- Elder York Guest House Edinburgh, Scotland