“Good location: a 20 minute bus ride from Edinburgh city centre”

Premier Inn Edinburgh East Hotel
Ranked #102 of 147 Hotels in Edinburgh
Ipswich
“Good location: a 20 minute bus ride from Edinburgh city centre”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

This hotel is a brief bus ride (no. 44) from the centre of Edinburgh. It's set back off the main road next to a Tesco Express/Esso petrol station which did attract some noise late one night from local boy racers. The car park is large and located behind the hotel so it seemed secure, although we didn't use it as we hadn't travelled by car. It's attached to a Beefeater pub/restaurant (Lady Nairne) which the bus driver was aware of, but not the Premier Inn! Large, comfortable room but no lift for guests. Good friendly and helpful staff. Ideal for a short city break as it's particularly convenient for the city centre and getting a bus to Ocean Terminal to see the royal yacht Britannia.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WildThornberrys69
EdinburghEast, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh East Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear WildThornberrys69,

Thanks for your feedback about your stay. It's great to hear what our guests think of our hotel and the surrounding area.
I'm sorry you were disturbed during your stay. Whilst we don't usually have too many problems with external noise from the garage, I'm glad you've brought it to my attention.
It's good news that you found your room to be nice and comfortable. We do have a lot of spacious rooms which our guests really appreciate. With regards to the lift - some more good news! We are currently looking into having one installed, so hopefully if you visit again you'll have the benefit of it.
Thanks again for taking time to write your review.

Bex Moylan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Wellingborough, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2013

This Premier Inn was just like any other really. A bit of a rabbit warren, decent parking space.

The staff were friendly.

A good bus service (Numbers 4, 44 or 213) into central Edinburgh. You need the exact change (usually £3.50)!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mark,

Our hotel is indeed a little bit of a 'rabbit warren' with it's many corridors, but I feel it adds to the atmosphere of our older building. Hopefully you found it to be that way!
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we really do appreciate all feedback.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stayed here for a quick trip to Edinburgh and I don't honestly think I would stay here again. Three reasons:
1) there are no stairs! I have a bone condition in my knee which can be very painful at times, but there was never any question of whether or not we'd need any help getting up the stairs!
2) no toilet paper or shower gel! We had to go and ask for toilet paper- we only stayed here one night... should probably be more concerned with up keep.
3) melted but broken hairdryer! We just assumed the hairdryer would work, but when I took it off it's wall-mount, I found half of it to be melted (I don't even want to know how) and it wouldn't work! We had to go and ask at reception for a new one, which then took fifteen minutes to get to our room!
We came home a day early. The staff were extremely friendly and useful so I wouldn't blame them at all, but it wouldn't be a hotel we'd return to at all. Plus, the £10 taxi fare from this hotel to the city centre makes for a very expensive visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
EdinburghEast, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh East Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Abb20,

Thank you for your review of your stay and I'm sorry you felt that we didn't meet our usual high standards on your visit.
As you highlighted, there is no lift at this Premier Inn. We do our very best to allocate rooms fairly and would normally try our best to make sure that we use our ground floor rooms for elderly guests or anyone who would find it difficult to use stairs. Sometimes this is obvious to us, but on this occasion it seems the receptionist did not realise you would be uncomfortable with the stairs. I do apologise, and I hope your knee isn't giving you too much trouble at the moment. The good news is that we are currently looking into having a brand new lift fitted.

With regards to your comments about our general housekeeping and maintenance, I would like to look into the matter further. I would really appreciate if you could let me know the dates of your stay and your room number so I can find out why our standards were not met.
Please be assured that our reception team will always do whatever they can to make your stay a great one, so if you do stay at any Premier Inn in the future, please make the reception team aware if you are unhappy with your room for any reason and we will do our best to move you to a more suitably appointed room or area of the hotel.
If you could please contact me at pitl.edinburgheast@whitbread.com at your earliest convenience, I would be very grateful.
Thank you again for taking the time to leave your feedback. We really appreciate it!

Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2013

The day my wife and I arrived at this hotel in Willowbrae Road I was suffering from severe spasms of pain in my lower back. All the staff in the restaurant, reception and the managers were helpful and comforting to me and supportive to my wife who was very worried about how she could manage with being in such pain. They called an emergency doctor and made sure we had every help and support in our room. Everyone saw us off home after two nights stay and refunded the bookd third night in goodwill.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review!

I'm so glad you felt that my team was supportive to you and your wife during a very trying time. We all hope that you're doing better and are not in too much pain anymore. I know that you had a very long journey home which can't have been comfortable for you, but I'm sure you're glad to be back in the comfort of your own home.
We enjoyed having you here with us and we hope we can welcome you both back some time in the near future.

Brighouse, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Me and my partner stayed here over a weekend, this October. Our only concern with it was the distance from the city centre, although we knew his whilst booking it, it wasn't a concern when we got to the hotel, as it is relatively easy to find. The walk to and from the hotel is also quite pleasant.
Although, a taxi into the city centre was only around £10.

The staff were very polite, and very helpful, and accommodated our needs well. The rooms were reasonably priced, and very clean. Just what you expect from a Premier Inn, would return again!

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Jake,

Thanks for taking some time to leave feedback. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!
It sounds like you've had some good experiences at other Premier Inns and I'm glad that we've helped to shape your opinion positively.
I'll be sure to pass on your comments to our team members. They really enjoy hearing from our guests, so again, thank you.

surrey
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for two nights in a huge room (201) with a lovely comfortable bed. There isn't a lift so we thought we would have to carry our cases up the stairs but they kindly put them into the service lift for us to be taken up. The staff were lovely and extremely helpful. We went down to the beefeater on the first night and the food and service were excellent so definitely give it a try. The hotel has free car parking which is a bonus. Catch the 4 or 44 bus just outside the hotel to go into the city. It's £1.50 per person (make sure you have the correct change) and it takes around 15 mins. We jumped off at the Scots monument which is central to everything. Lovely place to stay and explore the city.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
EdinburghEast, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh East Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Pujj,

Thanks for leaving some feedback about your stay. I'm so glad you were pleased with the room and the service from our teams.
Our hotel is a little out of the city centre, but as you found out, it does have fantastic transport links!
I'll be sure to pass your compliments to the team in the Beefeater too - I'm sure they will be glad to hear they are helping to keep our guests happy.
Thanks again, and hope to see you soon,

Liverpool
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed here in June. It was the first time I stayed in a premier inn and it was really good. I found it to be a lot better than Travelodge. It was a bit out the city centre but it's on a main bus route so we never had difficulty getting in and out the centre. A taxi was pretty cheap too.

Our room was right next to reception so were worried it would be noisy but it wasn't. Really nice room with flat screen tv.

We had tea in the adjoining beefeater and it was really nice.

All the staff were really friendly. Would definitely return!

• Stayed June 2013
EdinburghEast, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh East Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Emzie,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I'm glad you had an excellent time with us, and that you'd definitely return!
I'm sure the team here will be happy to hear your comments.
We hope to welcome you back soon.

Bex Moylan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edinburgh
Premier Inn Edinburgh (South Que...
#2 of 4 in South Queensferry
Old Town
Premier Inn Edinburgh Central (Lauriston Place) Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Edinburgh East Hotel? Share your experiences!