“Family Stay Edinburgh”

Premier Inn Edinburgh East Hotel
Ranked #102 of 147 Hotels in Edinburgh
“Family Stay Edinburgh”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Family friendly staff. Large family room. Good food offers. Good car access with good car parking. Good, cheap access to city by bus right in front of hotel. Only downside, lack of chairs in room & fold-down 2nd child's bed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
EdinburghEast, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh East Hotel, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Dear Marc,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you found our team to be friendly, they really do enjoy welcoming our guests so they'll be pleased that they've made an impression.
If you choose to stay with us again in future, we will be happy to offer some extra chairs for your room to make your stay more comfortable.

Bex Moylan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stay at lots of Premier Inn's as we have a business account and the standard is usually very good. I reiterate the standard of cleanliness at this hotel was very good but there was an overpowering smell of damp/mould throughout the building. On arrival the very polite receptionist informed me that as it was an old building and I was on the second floor the hot water system delivery was a little slow. I thanked her and went to my room, I decided to check the hot water and turned on the hot tap....................15 minutes later I started to get hot water through for a shower, this meant in the morning I had to get up 15 minutes early to ensure I was able to leave at the time I had planned. Wi-Fi was pretty good, certainly faster than the hot water.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jim,

Thank you for your review of our Premier Inn, and I'm sorry you weren't able to give a more positive score. Due to the age of our building and the location of the boilers it does indeed take a little while for the water to reach the upper floor, which we do make sure we inform our guests about on arrival.
I'm sorry you found this to be frustrating. If you do visit Edinburgh again and decide to stay with us, we will gladly allocate you a room on a lower floor if you contact us before arrival.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to give us feedback - we do appreciate all comments and do our very best to act on them.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed two nights here, lovely clean room, friendly helpful staff. Ideal location for sightseeing in Edinburgh, buses run to town centre from bottom of drive every 10 to 15 mins. (44 and 4). Car park has cctv so left car there all the three days we went sightseeing in Edinburgh. Would definitely stay here again. Yet another great premier inn to stay at, never been let down yet by them.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Clare W
EdinburghEast, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh East Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Clare,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our Premier Inn. I'll be sure to pass your comments on to our team, who I'm sure will be really pleased to hear that they helped make your stay.
I'm glad to hear that you're a regular user of Premier Inn, and I hope you continue to enjoy what we have to offer.

Thanks again,

Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Excellent welcome on arrival, happy for us to leave our car as we were very early and gave us fantastic instructions for using the bus inc the cost etc. Gave us a map of the town and wrote instructions for getting back etc. The buses 4 and 44 came every few minutes to take us into town - very well placed hotel and would definitely recommend

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Lisa,

Thank you for your lovely comments. I'm glad our reception team gave you such a great welcome.
They do take pride in their customer service and I'm certain they'll be pleased that you have taken the time to review your stay with us.
We hope to welcome you back soon!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I was very dissapointed when we checked in and walked in the room. to me it was more like a dungen, a room without window and not that i did not pay enough, just to say i was paying £233 for two night stay and bear in mind i did this booking three months in advance. it would not be fare if i dont mention the staff, very lovely and helpful but they can not do any thing about the way room has been built or priced that is entirly resposibility of the company and if that what to expect i am not staying there at all. room was boiling hot in the night and there was no conditioning. fan was provided but when we turned that on it started singing the song which drived me insane. stayed for two nigh and trust me that good night sleep promise was no where to see. very disappointed and feeling like being ripped off.

Room Tip: just dont book there any room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank navquar
EdinburghEast, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh East Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Navquar,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us at Premier Inn Edinburgh East.
I'm glad to hear that you found our team to be friendly and helpful. I will pass these comments on and I'm sure they will be please to hear that they went some way to making your stay pleasant.
I am, however, disappointed to hear that you encountered some problems whilst you were here. It seems that the room you were staying in was one of our newest rooms, which has a skylight as opposed to a window. I understand that some people may find this a little uncomfortable, and I appreciate your comments regarding this.
We do our best to ensure all of our guests have a great night with us, and I'm sorry that we failed to meet our usual standard on this occasion. If you could please contact me directly at pitl.edinburgheast@whitbread.com, I would like the chance to discuss this further with you.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed for two nights and everything was good. Clean room, bathroom, everything worked apart from the wifi as usual . . .
We were cycling and had pre-booked a ground-floor room as they let you keep your bikes with you, which is very helpful. The adjoining restaurant & bar were to the usual good standard.
The only small negative was the extremely grumpy night porter, but actually we thought he must be one of the acts from the Edinburgh Festival that was on whilst we were there :-)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stayed here fro the 8th to the 10th August, and could not have had a better stay Rooms were clean, spacious, airy & very comfortable. All staff were polite,helpful, friendly & very happy to help.Food in restaurant was above average, and decent sized portions, Breakfast was plentiful, scrum my and most definitely sets you up for the day. Overall a very pleasant stay and had there been any availability we would have booked extra nights :).

• Stayed August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edinburgh
Premier Inn Edinburgh (South Que...
#2 of 4 in South Queensferry
Old Town
Premier Inn Edinburgh Central (Lauriston Place) Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Edinburgh East Hotel? Share your experiences!