Premier Inn Edinburgh East Hotel
$198
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$211
$205
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$146
$139
  • Bar/Lounge
Fraser Suites Edinburgh(Edinburgh)
$173
  • Restaurant
Apex Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$126
$175
  • Pool
$121
$116
Cairn Hotel Edinburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$116
$92
  • Bar/Lounge
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$137
$128
  • Restaurant
All reviewscity centrebeefeater restaurantlady nairneadjoining beefeaterwillowbrae roadmeal deala short bus rideon arrivalfamily roomholyrood parkcomfy bedtwo nightsfollowing morningday ticketreception staffroom was spotlesseasy access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Excellent welcome on arrival, happy for us to leave our car as we were very early and gave us fantastic instructions for using the bus inc the cost etc. Gave us a map of the town and wrote instructions for getting back etc. The buses 4 and 44 came every few minutes to take us into town - very well placed hotel and would definitely recommend

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
EdinburghEast, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh East Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for your lovely comments. I'm glad our reception team gave you such a great welcome.
They do take pride in their customer service and I'm certain they'll be pleased that you have taken the time to review your stay with us.
We hope to welcome you back soon!

Kind Regards,

Bex Moylan

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I was very dissapointed when we checked in and walked in the room. to me it was more like a dungen, a room without window and not that i did not pay enough, just to say i was paying £233 for two night stay and bear in mind i did this booking three months in advance. it would not be fare if i dont mention the staff, very lovely and helpful but they can not do any thing about the way room has been built or priced that is entirly resposibility of the company and if that what to expect i am not staying there at all. room was boiling hot in the night and there was no conditioning. fan was provided but when we turned that on it started singing the song which drived me insane. stayed for two nigh and trust me that good night sleep promise was no where to see. very disappointed and feeling like being ripped off.

Room Tip: just dont book there any room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank navquar
EdinburghEast, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh East Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Navquar,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us at Premier Inn Edinburgh East.
I'm glad to hear that you found our team to be friendly and helpful. I will pass these comments on and I'm sure they will be please to hear that they went some way to making your stay pleasant.
I am, however, disappointed to hear that you encountered some problems whilst you were here. It seems that the room you were staying in was one of our newest rooms, which has a skylight as opposed to a window. I understand that some people may find this a little uncomfortable, and I appreciate your comments regarding this.
We do our best to ensure all of our guests have a great night with us, and I'm sorry that we failed to meet our usual standard on this occasion. If you could please contact me directly at pitl.edinburgheast@whitbread.com, I would like the chance to discuss this further with you.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards,

Bex Moylan

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed for two nights and everything was good. Clean room, bathroom, everything worked apart from the wifi as usual . . .
We were cycling and had pre-booked a ground-floor room as they let you keep your bikes with you, which is very helpful. The adjoining restaurant & bar were to the usual good standard.
The only small negative was the extremely grumpy night porter, but actually we thought he must be one of the acts from the Edinburgh Festival that was on whilst we were there :-)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stayed here fro the 8th to the 10th August, and could not have had a better stay Rooms were clean, spacious, airy & very comfortable. All staff were polite,helpful, friendly & very happy to help.Food in restaurant was above average, and decent sized portions, Breakfast was plentiful, scrum my and most definitely sets you up for the day. Overall a very pleasant stay and had there been any availability we would have booked extra nights :).

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed here for 6 nights in a generously-sized family room, the biggest we had experienced at Premier Inn. This was particularly welcome as we have older children who need their space !!
We were also lucky to be at the end of the corridor (other than a door to the restaurant stairs), so we were infrequently disturbed by other peoples' comings and goings. I am aware that for some of the other guests (most likely due to the Festival being 24/7) the noise of doors slamming was a bit of an issue.
The reception, housekeeping and Beefeater restaurant staff were lovely, very helpful.
We were very relieved to be away from the hectic city centre at night, despite the busy road outside I am sure our stay was more peaceful as a result. The city centre is an easy bus ride away (£1.50 adult, 70p children each way), or for ex-locals like my husband is walkable - and it wears the kids out too !
The only reason I have given it 4 and not 5 stars is because the shower was disappointing, very little pressure and the shower curtain was very annoying !!
The room was kept spotless and was bright and airy.
As we have family near this side of Edinburgh we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family