Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Premier Inn Edinburgh Central (Lauriston Place) Hotel
Ranked #27 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Bexleyheath, United Kingdom
“Good hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

Nice hotel, well priced if booked early enough and is only a short walk away from the grassmarket area. We enjoyed our 2 night stay here with no problems. Good bar area and breakfast (extra charge) too.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Krakow, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

Very good quality hotel. Great locations- walking distance to the castle and the Royal Mile. Easily accessible by taxi or bus from and to the airport.
Comfortable room, nice service. Clean and cozy. Helpfull staff.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisbonna
Dumfries, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

Stayed here last week for one night, could'nt fault it, lovely, clean and welcoming.
Breakfast was plentiful, and the room peaceful.
Would recommend this to anyone.

Helpful Tip: We used the hop on hop off Green Tour Bus for getting around, it stops at the Grassmarket, and it's about a 10 minute stroll to the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ShaznDale
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

I recently stayed in this Premier Inn for 2 nights whilst attending a conference in Edinburgh, and it definitely exceeded my expectations. I've never experienced a bad Premier Inn stay, but at the same time I could never recommend one as highly as I can the one in Lauriston Place. ALL of the staff here go "above and beyond" with regards to customer service - one of the staff members stopped and asked about my stay when I passed her in the corridor.

A week before my stay I received an email asking what time I was expecting to check in, and whether I would like to make any requests. After reading some of the other reviews I requested a quiet room, and this is exactly what I got. Rooms at the back of the hotel are off the main street, and I didn't hear any noise. The room itself was very spacious, with a Kingsize bed and two different types of pillow. It had a hairdryer, freeview TV and tea/coffee making facilities. The room was spotlessly clean

As I've already mentioned ALL of the staff had exceptional customer service. The lady who checked me in (didn't catch her name!!) explained everything to me - where breakfast would be served etc, and to phone reception if I needed anything whilst I was in my room. I decided to eat in the restaurant on my first night (it was chucking it down so didn't fancy walking out!) and I'm so glad that I did. There was ample choice, with meal deals also available, and again the staff were lovely, pleasant and helpful. I would like to make special mention to Gratzyna who works in the kitchen - she regularly came out to ask everyone how their food was, and engaged in conversation with me. I felt so welcome that I ate here on my second night too.

Breakfast was also lovely, with a wide range of both cooked and continental foods, served buffet style. And it's the first hotel I've stayed at where they serve crumpets for breakfast. Breakfast times started early enough for me to use, but was available until 10.30 (on weekdays for those who didn't need to be up early. Again, all the staff on the breakfast team were very pleasant and easy to talk to.

Thanks for a lovely stay - I shall definitely be back to explore Edinburgh better, and I shall definitely be booking this Premier Inn to stay in.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank an0nym0us1
Northallerton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

As always with Premier Inn, very friendly & helpful staff, who go out of their way to ensure a pleasant stay. The hotel is situated within walking distance of the city centre, with bars & restaurants reasonably close by.

Spotless, large room, powerful shower, very comfortable bed. However, the very small TV did seem to become lost in the corner. Requested a quiet room in advance, & this was generally quiet, apart from noise from some external late night revellers, & some early morning banging from deliveries. Nothing too much considering the location, & better, I would imagine, than a road side room.

No free parking, but a discounted overnight rate of £12 at a closeish multi storey is available, but the walk to the hotel may become a bit of a hike with luggage. This extra expense does bump up the overall cost of the stay, & is something to consider if location is not a primary concern.

Reasonable bar area, usual buffet style breakfast (not a fan), overall, not too bad a stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank allertonlad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

The stay at this Inn was beyond my expectations. The staff was very very helpful and pleasant, particularly, Martina. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The restaurant is nice, but the dinner menu could have more options. Overall, this Inn offers excellent value for the money.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Nirupma D
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights and really enjoyed our stay. When we arrived there was a fire alarm going off in the building which of course had evacuated with everyone outside on the pavement. The staff saw us walk up and came over, were very friendly and welcoming and got us checked in without delay as soon as they could return to the building. The room was good, kept very clean and nothing was a problem. This was the third Premier Inn we stayed with on this trip and we would definitely stay with them again. Great value for money and everything you could want.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple