“Nice Hotel - disappointing restaurant”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Edinburgh Central (Lauriston Place) Hotel
Ranked #27 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Nice Hotel - disappointing restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Staff very welcoming. Room comfortable but outside was very noisy (even with the windows closed) Stayed 2 nights and was woken up a couple of times each night. Most hotels I've stayed in offer free wi-fi (only first 30 minutes free at this hotel) and kept losing connection. Staff were lovely and breakfast was great value for money. However, on my first night, I visited the restaurant for my evening meal. I ordered the Chicken Makhani @ £9.50+ and the chicken and the sauce were luke- warm and some pieces were even cold. Luckily I have suffered no ill-effects and it was the only lowlight of an otherwise pleasant stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
EdinburghCentral, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Central (Lauriston Place) Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Val,

Thank you for taking the trouble to review your recent experience of staying with us at Premier Inn Lauriston Place.

I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay and that you found the staff helpful and very welcoming.

I am sorry to hear that the internet was not working properly during your stay with us. I know the team passed your comments onto our internet providers who are looking into this issue.

I'm disappointed to hear that you were let down by the service in our restaurant. I'm really sorry about that, it's not indicative of the service or experience we aim for our guests to have.
Your comments have been passed on to the restaurant manager and your experience will be addressed with the team immediately.

Thanks again for the time taken to share your views and I hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Two of our homestay students missed the last train home to York so this was an emergency stopover for them. We arranged payment over the phone as neither of them had any credit cards with them. The receptionist bent over backwards to help us in York pay for the room using our CC. The boys slept well and enjoyed the breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Bangkokian_7,

Thank you so much for your welcome feedback and comments which I will pass onto our team.
It was me in person arranging payment over the phone with you. It is wonderful to know when we get things right!

I am glad that boys slept well and enjoyed the breakfast.

Thanks again for the time taken to share your views. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we could be of any assistance in the future.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

I continue to be pleased by Premier Inn. As with the others I have stayed in, the beds and pillows were comfortable, the rooms clean, soap and body-wash provided and the room came with TV, hairdryer, fan, kettle and tea/coffee.
Outside was extremely noisy but with the windows closed, it drowned out most of it. Inside the hotel was very quiet.
The room was perhaps not as nice as others I have stayed in but not so much so that it made it an unpleasant stay. It was little things like the TV was quite small, the room was quite compact etc but nothing major.
Staff were lovely too.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Carla,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, feedback is so important within our business in order that we better understand our services.

I am glad that you were happy with the amenities in your room and found our staff were lovely.

Thank you again for sharing your impressions on Tripadvisor. Given your positive impressions overall I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely 1 night stay. Perfect location to explore the beautiful city. Staff are friendly and welcoming plus they do a good value breakfast. Great value for money and we would defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank UkSophie72
EdinburghCentral, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Central (Lauriston Place) Hotel, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Sophie,

Thanks you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I am delighted you had such a lovely stay.

We strive to deliver warm and attentive service to all our guests so I was extremely pleased to read you found our team very friendly and welcoming. My team work really hard to make sure our guests have a fantastic visit and I cannot tell you how rewarding it is for them when guests take the time to recognize that.

Our location really makes us a great base for exploring all that Edinburgh has to offer and I'm so pleased you enjoyed the city and your visit with us!

Thank you again for your lovely comments, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Really reasonably priced hotel with exceptionally comfortable bed. No frills approach - i.e. no microwave, but kettle to make coffee & tea. Great breakfast and meals available in hotel.
Excellent location. We easily to hotel from the train station. Easy walking to Grey Friars Bobby (great meals), Edinburgh Castle and key sites in the city. Buses were just along the street and frequent to get to other places.

Room Tip: Buy a bus pass, much cheaper than several bus rides. Also if going to Glasgow, the bus is really rea...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear SailFlyTrain,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Lauriston Place during your recent visit to Scotland.

I am delighted to learn that you found our beds exceptionally comfortable and that you had such a wonderful experience in our great value Thyme Restaurant.
We are so lucky with our location as well as excellently positioned for all public transport links.

San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was an exciting place to be in August for all of the festivities and was able to catch the double-decker bus of the city tour across the street from the hotel. Was walking distance for 6 of us to the castle and different venues of the 'fringe'; although my mum and dad (mid-70's) had to take taxis to-from the castle. And there is transportation to the top of the castle for those who cannot walk up the steep hill and against the wind by asking the security personnel at the intersection the taxi drops 'you' off. Hotel was clean and friendly with breakfast and a bar.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
EdinburghCentral, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Central (Lauriston Place) Hotel, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear KimmerSD,

Thank you for taking the trouble to review your recent stay with us at Edinburgh Central (Lauriston Place) and for your positive feedback regarding friendliness and service you encountered from my colleagues.

It will be a pleasure to share your positive comments with my colleagues and we sincerely hope that you will return to our hotel should you be returning to Edinburgh in the future.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights. We were there for the Royal Edinburgh military tattoo and Fringe Festival. A nice base when touring Edinburgh. 15mins leisure walk to Edinburgh castle. Nice breakfast, Hot water, Clean rooms n sheets. You can never go wrong with Premier Inn :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AdventureMac
Dear AdventureMac,

Thank you for your fantastic review following your recent stay at Lauriston Place. I am delighted to read that you were impressed by the situation of the hotel within the stunning capital city that we are so fortunate to occupy.

We genuinely love working hard to ensure that our guests have the best stay we can possibly provide for them - and it really is wonderful when we get such positive feedback!

We hope to welcome you back to Edinburgh Lauriston Place in the future.