“Bem localizado”

Euro Hostel Edinburgh Halls
Ranked #169 of 218 Specialty Lodging in Edinburgh
Reviewed September 30, 2013

The hostel is very well placed, it's walking distance to all the major city attractions. The room itself is no big deal, but since our trip wasnt meant for staying locked, it worked just fine.

There are many pubs and restaurants close to the hostel, so having a couple drinks and not finding your way home really isnt a problem.

It also has a big kitchen with all the suplies you can imagine...

Its worth the money.

Just be careful, if you are taking any eletronic device with you, bc the city's plugs are very odd!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Palrinhas
Gordon_Anthony86, General Manager at Euro Hostel Edinburgh Halls, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Hi palrinhas, thank you for taking the time to review the Euro Hostel Edinburgh Halls on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that you had an excellent stay with us and that you found our great location and excellent value ideal for your time in Edinburgh. Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I stayed in this hostel during the Fringe Festival at the end of August. Orginally it was hard to find if you're walking from Waverly Station area.
I arrived in Edinburgh around 10 and you can't get into the rooms until 3 pm. There is a spot to leave your luggage if you pay a few pounds.
Was given a room on the 5th floor.. with no elevator. Ya with all my luggage that was not fun. Thankfully, one of the girls who was cleaning the rooms helped me bring my suitcase up. If you have any sort of mobility problems though, this might not be a good place to stay.
The hostel itself was close to all the touristy things to do. Castle and Princes St was walking distance. If you are into going to bars there was a lot down the street.
If you are looking for a quiet area to sleep.. due to the bars you'll probably have problems.
I was just looking for a cheap place to stay while exploring the city and it fit it's purpose.
Really good kitchen area that you share with the other rooms on the floor.
The bathrooms were clean and the room alright. Mine smelt very musty.. but I survived.
Ask for towel before you go up to room.

Room Tip: Try and get one on the lower floors.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Hi C0lleen88, thanks for taking the time to review our Hostel after your recent stay with us. It sounds that overall you had a decent stay with us. Thank you for noting our very helpful staff, excellent facilities and proximity to Edinburgh’s tourist attractions. I am sorry if you found your room noisy however unfortunately as we are a city centre Hostel we do suffer from some ambient street level noise. I thank you again for your review and hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We Started our trip in Edinburgh and what a surprise when we arrived. This hostel is clean, organized, great location and just amazing. You have every age folks staying there. I wouldn't call it a hang out style hostel, however its definitely a thumbs up all around place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Hi Zalmy, thank you for taking the time to review the Euro Hostel Edinburgh Halls after your recent stay. Thank you for noting our excellent location and clean bedrooms. These are all the things that we aim to provide and to hear your compliments within your review is very pleasing indeed. Thanks again for your review and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

You get what you pay for.

It was during the heatwave of 2013 in Great Britain that I booked a room at this hostel. I got a single room at the top floor! I don't want to whine about this but after a day of walking in the scorching heat with a 20kg backpack and no elevator... I can only blame myself.

Luckily, I had cought a cold and didn't notice the smell that reeked from the wall-to-wall carpet until I left. Dodged a bullet right there!

The lobby is ok with a splatter of colour all over the place and it feels modern and "young". The room I got was quite the opposite though. Watch out for the rooms facing out to the street and the constant nightlife from the neighbours... if you don't want to join them.

Ok for people travelling alone. Apparently, you can party in the rooms located at the top floor because the staff won't hear you. Please, feel free to occupy the bathrooms in the hallways all night long,

Bring detergent! They have a lot of washing machines and dryers.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Hi Ane D, thank you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor after your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. Unfortunately as we are a city centre Hostel we do suffer from some ambient street level noise and we do rely on our guests to show consideration to their fellow Hostel users, I am sorry that you did not find this the case during your stay. Thank you again for your review and I am sorry again that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Been there three nights during the Edimburgh festival: while I prefer b&b and hotels, there were basically no other choice.

Location is just perfect, one block from Royal Mile. Rooms, while very basic (we had two single rooms) are quite big (for an hostel standard) and average clean. In some reviews and pictures this could look like a shared apartment: it is, instead, a huge apartment building with single rooms and common spaces (kitchen and bathroom). Each bathroom is shared with other 4 rooms so cleanliness of the bathroom may vary a lot. Again, it's an average, basic hostel. Staff was very kind, reception is open 24 hours a day. It's a good choice for saving money, sleeping steps away from the main tourist sights.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Hi firestart80, thanks for reviewing our Hostel after your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you had an excellent stay with us! Thank you for noting our excellent location, clean bedrooms, kind staff and excellent value. These are all the things that we aim to provide and to hear your compliments within your review is very pleasing indeed. Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stayed with a group of girls for my hen doo last weekend 31st August. Booking was great, Carolyn so helpful. Checking in and out was great and got towels on check in. We stayed in block 4 apartment 1. 9 of us had the full 12 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms to ourselves. The place is huge and spacious and so central, perfect for a night out in the city with a group for less than 30pounds each. Downside was that the kitchen had dirty plates from last occupants and their food was still in the fridge. Bleugh. And the noise from the 3 sisters pub/club next door (which is amazing, highly recommend) will mean you will not get to sleep no matter which corridor you are on until at least 3am on a Saturday night. Who cares if you are drunk but not a place for relaxing sleep. Beds are like sleeping on a table they are so hard, but again if you are coming to the city to enjoy a big night out, need somewhere to get ready, get a shower etc this it is ideal! Oh also reception sells bacon rolls in the morning, which was heaven with a hangover!

• Stayed: August 2013

Hi Kar19, thanks for taking the time to review us after your recent stay. It sounds like you and your group had an excellent stay with us and we were able to provide the kind of accommodation you were looking for during your trip to Edinburgh. I am sorry to hear of the level of cleanliness you found within your kitchen however - let me assure you that this is far below our normal standards. Thank you very much for your review and we hope to welcome you again in the future!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed for three nights with my partner during the fringe festival. Good central location during the festival is definately the best thing about staying here. The staff were pretty friendly too. I'm not sure what the price is here when the festival isn't on but I would hope it's not more than 20 pounds. Wifi didn't work in the room well, was very slow, but was fine in the reception area. Biggest complaint is the cleanliness of the shared shower area, be lucky if the showers are cleaned once a day. Old soap covered in pubes and the shower was tiny and mouldy. Room was typical student accom, maybe even bigger than I would have expected, beds are not comfortable but overall the room itself was clean.

Unless its very cheap in the off festival season, I don't recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Shockie P, thanks for taking the time to review the Euro Hostel Edinburgh Halls after your recent stay with us. First of all let me apologise for the lack of cleanliness you found within your showers room. As our showers are a shared facility we do rely on our guests to clean up after themselves however this does not excuse the level you found. I am glad to hear that you found a drastic improvement in the cleanliness of your bedroom though. I thank you again for reviewing us and would hope to welcome you again in the future.