“Great value for money!”
Review of Inchgrove House

Inchgrove House
Ranked #122 of 395 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Fantastic! We stayed at the hotel for a week in July 2012. The rooms were clean, quiet, large, atmospheric and I had many nights of good sleep. Breakfast was delicious and at the breakfast table sat the host Duncan and came up with suggestions about what we could do that day while he made the delicious breakfast in our order. Hosts were happy to order both taxi and car rental for us. Great value for money!.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Finn

Reviewed July 17, 2012

i travel to edinburgh once or twice a year with my two skye terriers and discovered inchgrove house a couple of years ago. so welcoming - we're all made to feel most welcome which is always so nice after a long drive and a busy day - and so good to find people who like dogs when they say they like dogs. very well positioned with nearby parking (ask where), good local restaurants and a little park to walk the dogs. haven't had a better breakfast ever.

Room Tip: have slept in two rooms. one is near to the stairs and the way out in the basement so good for the d...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Nice little house, very close to the centre. The portions for breakfast are enormous. Duncan and Walter are taking good care of their guests. Very helpul with information and advices. We had with our two kids the whole attic (3bedrooms) for ourselves. Good value for money.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We booked in for the Easter long weekend and after leaving it relatively late didn't have many options and booked this based on location and price. Not having looked at the reviews previously I didn't know what to expect when we arrived, but the House is situated in an ideal location to explore the city. Duncan was a warm welcome and the bedroom (we stayed in what I have called the 'Yellow Room' was very large and had a full sized bath tub to soak the weary bones at the end of the busy days exploring all that Edinburgh had to offer. In the morning the smell of a lovely breakfast woke us and it was not a disappointment, the amount of options and all cooked fresh to order was FANTASTIC.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2012

In January of this year I emailed Inchgrove House to ask for availability for the 24/25 August. I received a reply confirming the rate and advising there was availability, I was asked to confirm my credit card details and the booking would be confimed, this I did and assumed all was well.I called the hotel today to re-confirm the booking to be told that they had my booking but had put it in for the 25/26 instead and was asked if that would not suit me instead, the only other alternative suggested was that 'I' called abother hotel that was suggested to check availability. I asked that as my booking was made first, could they not cancel the other persons room, I was told that no they couldnt as the other person had been coming regularly for the past 5 years!!!!!!

Absolutely disgusted, will not use/recommend this hotel again.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tracey H
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Me and my wife stayed in 21st oct we got there late but was welcomed by Duncan very nice and well mannered man the food was first class been in a few hotels around Edinburgh and non comes close to Inchgrove it's only 3 mins walk into city centre this is a ideal place to go from as a base nice quiet area parked car free which is also a plus as ncp car parks cost around £40+ for the weekend

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Bonkeydollocks
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Innkeepers, Walter and Duncan, put out quite a spread for breakfast in this town home turned B&B near Moray Place, a short walk from the sights of Edinburgh. Duncan's knowledge of the history of Great Britain and his tips for local attractions and eateries make him an invaluable resource. I cannot say enough about the hospitality and quality of their breakfast. Truly impressive. A local businessman prefers to stay here over hotels in the area. Our room was spacious, elegant and outfitted with everything one needs for comfort. Soaring ceilings in bed and bath, expansive windows with handsome draperies, shortbread cookies, coffee, tea always ready by our fireplace, made it a wonderful vacation experience. There is no way you won't love this place.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple