I went as a single traveller visiting Edinburgh for a long weekend. The guesthouse was lovely, decorated to a high standard and felt very luxurious. My room was small but lovely. Every finishing touch was there, down to tea making facilities and biscuits. The bathroom for the single room is seperate but it is just yours and you have your own key to it. The bathroom is immaculate and modern. The hosts were friendly and gave plenty of good advice and it was a lovely place to return to on a drizzly evening. Breakfast was good too. The buses run quite frequently down the parallel road but I also walked back fromt own once or twice. Its a short walk to Arthurs seat which you must climb! My only quibble would be that the mattress/bed had a slight sag to it, probably needs to be replaced. I slept fine but I was aware of it and it might bother a lighter sleeper more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Maggie and Gordon welcome you to their elegant Victorian guest house situated in the Newington district of Edinburgh, close to the beautiful, historic city centre. The four star Highfield Guest House offers true Scottish hospitality so whether you are here on holiday or on a business trip you will find Highfield's friendly, informal ambience very relaxing and our attention to detail will ensure a comfortable, relaxing and memorable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Highfield Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Highfield Guest House Hotel Edinburgh
- Highfield Guest House Edinburgh, Scotland